September crowd levels have recently been increased significantly!

A couple of Decembers ago I went for a weekend trip and the crowds were much higher than expected. I had an amazing, magical trip. I now always plan for crowds of at least 8 and I am surprised if it is lower. You will have a great time- it is great for planning to expect the high crowds.

2 Likes

CL could change again when HS & AK finalise their evening entertainment. AK seems to have dropped almost in the expectation that RoL won’t be starting this year, and HS has increased on the assumption there will be fireworks at least some nights.

We’ve gone when crowds were 5/6 and also been there when they were 9s. We have a great time every time. The secret… good planning. FPPs. Rope Drop. Hit lunch at 11:30, not 12. Going from a 3 ro a 7 sounds like a lot, but it doesn’t have to be bad. It may actually turn out better, as they will be fully staffed and that will help to move the crowds through the rides.

I mentioned good planning and rope drop, right? Yeah, rope drop. You can get so much done in that first hour that it makes it totally worthwhile to get up. Take a break in the afternoon when all the crowds are in full force.

1 Like

I am going in November, but the crowd increases hit my planning as well. I initially tried to use the standard touring plans, but the amount of walking it had us doing was crazy. So then I went through and selected everything I wanted to do, and used optimize, with minimize walking, but it still had us zigzagging all over the parks. Does that slider not work? Or… is there some trick to getting it to optimize and truly minimize walking? I don’t have much in the way of ADRs or “time-locked” plans that should be tripping it up…

The objective of the Optimizer is primarily to minimize overall wait time - the walk/wait slider just adjusts the amount of walking it will have you do. In other words, setting it to minimize walking does not make a plan with the minimum amount of walking, but instead finds the plan within a certain degree of the least wait time that has the least amount of walking.

1 Like