September 10, 2017 ANIMAL KINGDOM Planning

Just go in and modify over and over again. It’s not really a trick.

Okay great! It seemed like there was more to it when other were talking about it earlier. Thanks!

1 Like

I think it’s just that people don’t think to do it! Good luck!

Does this plan seem okay? The wait times seem very low… I’ve never gone in September before so I’m not sure if it’s really that not crowded.

Yes modify modify modify. Also, I think, if I remember correctly, there are just 2 of you. So remember to look for “rolling fastpasses”. If you haven’t looked for them or heard of them before it’s super simple - basically you get two different FP times that have overlap. So for example, person 1 has an FP from 10:30 to 11:30 and person 2 has an FP from 11:00 to 12:00. Both people will have FP access from 11 to 11:30. You can, of course, do it with more people but it gets harder to keep track of. Very easy to do with 2 people and I found lots of single FPs available when I was there with my husband in June - never for FOP or NRJ but for pretty much every other ride in AK :slight_smile: Good Luck!

Go back and make sure you’ve made your plan public :slight_smile:

I think its published now! Yes its just two of us. Is there a way to look for rolling FPP after my three are booked? Or do you usually just look for those when you are in the park?

You’ll need to post the new URL, it will be at the top of the plan.

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=2596716

Sort of - go in and pretend like you are going to change your FP, but only change it for one person. Then you can see what is available for 1. The little bit of risk comes because you can only change one at a time. I had a few times when I did it that I went to do the second one and what I wanted was “gone” but using the modify trick and “refreshing” a few times it turned up again. Not sure how the WDW FP system works but it doesn’t show you all the options. Think it just shows you a random assortment in the timeframe you have selected. I did find that more options turned up if I selected a specific hour too, rather than just “Afternoon” “morning” “Evening”

So is “refreshing” just clicking back and fourth between times?

Yes

1 Like

Another question… So I have one night at ASM from the 10th-11th. We are driving from Daytona in the morning to AK. Do I have to go to ASM first to get some sort of parking pass so we dont have to pay for parking? Or can they just scan my MB? I have never parked at a park before.

I don’t think I would believe the second FoP wait time but otherwise looks about right. EE in the afternoon might be longer than that. I would try to modify your KS FPP to earlier so you can get additional FPP that day. You could also do the EE single rider line.

They’ll just scan your MB

Okay great!!!

I’m looking for an earlier KS! The only other one I see is 7:20… I’m going to keep an eye out.

Yep - just keep flipping between times, going out and going back in - anything that makes it give you new batch of options

1 Like

Can someone tell me if this is the best way to tackle FoP in the morning? We are going to be coming from Daytona that morning. It looks like it is going to be a 1hr 30min drive from Daytona to AK. So leave the house at 6:00am and hopefully arrive at 7:30. That should give us time extra time to “get lost” and park. Hopefully we should be at the bag check at 8. Park opens at 9. Is that cutting it too close or am I being ridiculous and don’t need to be there that early. I heard if you arrive later and get into the back of the line you should expect to wait 1hr +. Is that true?

You need to be there by 8 at the very latest, earlier would be better. My family arrived at 8.30 and waited 3 hours last week.