Sci Fi or 50s Cafe

Which do you suggest? I think my son would get SUCH a kick out of the Sci Fi restaurant with the cars. But it seems maybe we won’t be able to necessarily sit in the cars, and then he’s just be disappointed. Is that the case? It’d be 2 people.

2 Likes

You will be seated in a car if you have an ADR. Walkups are seated in the very back of the restaurant at the non-car tables. We have been there many, many times and have always been seated in a car, except the one time we went as a walkup a few months ago. I would choose Sci Fi every time, it is a quiet, cool place away from the Florida sun. 50’s doesn’t interest us as much, the food seems very heavy for a day in a theme park. The burgers, fries and shakes along with the dark, quiet restaurant hit the spot for us at Sci Fi.

5 Likes

Agreed. I also don’t like the “50’s mom theme” telling me to get my elbows off the table. But lots of people seem to love it.

4 Likes

I enjoyed 50’s, but I would say go with Sci Fi.

2 Likes

This is why I’m going for Sci-Fi on my upcoming trip, over 50s.

How many people can they seat? We have 7. Will they split us or put us at a non-car table? Or all in one?

1 Like

All one car as long as you can sit 3 in one seat, which should be fine with small kids. 7 full size adults would be tight (2 sit comfortably per seat).

3 Likes

I would personally pick Sci Fi for good burgers and shakes, and the best fries I have ever had.

If you’re big fried chicken fans, 50’s has some of the best.

3 Likes

Agree on SciFi over 50s. Latter is fun, but SciFi Funner.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the theme, I just can’t ever see anything on the menu that sounds good there that sounds better than going to Sci Fi.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks. I couldn’t get Sci Fi ADR, but I’m going to keep stalking (I have alerts set) and keep my fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Well, I will be the odd one out this group… I’d go 50’s.
Sci Fi … is a great concept, but I don’t think Disney pulls it off.
The food is not awesome, or even good.

The movie clips are short previews of sci fi movies, no real movie clips. Out of the vast library that Disney has, I don’t get why they have kept these previews for so long.

The cars are cool, but not really even comfortable.

Obviously reading posts from others, some really like Sci Fi, I won’t be going back soon.

6 Likes

SciFi. Alcoholic milkshakes (for you, not your son).
Honestly, my DS requests SciFi every single trip.

2 Likes

The book agrees with you about the food but I thought it was good and I’m a bit of a foodie but I’ve also learned over the years you order what a restaurant does so I get a burger and shake and I avoid the pasta. Too many times I ordered the fish at the chicken restaurant lol

5 Likes

Excellent point. Stick with burgers and shakes at SciFi.

3 Likes

I thought I was the only one!! (I had a really bad experience there because of this)

However, I like the food. You can notify the host and your server that you just want a meal without the presentation. (Similar to character meals, if you don’t want them stopping at your table)

3 Likes

I vote Sci Fi IF you can get in–I tried today for an ADR on 60+7 and latest available time was 415.

2 Likes

Me too! I’m glad I’m not alone. I will do that if I ever eat there again. I chose Homecomin’ for that kind of food this time. I’ve only done 50’s once but I do remember liking the peanut butter milkshake I think it was.

3 Likes

Did this have a lounge attached to it? I vaguely remember seeing lounge-y appetizers that I thought looked pretty good. I think I wanted to check it out for my postponed 2020 trip.

2 Likes

Yes the Tune In Lounge is attached to 50s I believe.

1 Like

What she said. Yes there is a lounge. I only saw it while waiting to be seated but I doubt you get the same “elbows of the table” from the bartenders. :wink:

1 Like