Sci Fi or 50s Cafe

But it is closed right now due to COVID. At least it was when I was there. It is a fun place to stop by, normally

1 Like

Sci Fi is a better overall experience. If you could do either i would be Sci Fi for sure.

2 Likes

I have been to Sci-Fi our last three trips. We’ve skipped 50s on all of these. We did go to 50s on our very first trip but I had stubbornly refused to NOT secure three ADRs a day because we were on the deluxe dining plan and 50s was our lunch and no one was hungry. Ha. So, we’ve got an ADR there for May to give it another shot. I loved the theming in both restaurants. Sci-Fi is VERY quiet though. So if you want to sit down and chat about the day, I’d do 50s. We never say a word sitting down to eat at Sci-Fi.

4 Likes

Um … will my kids ruin this environment? :joy:

2 Likes

This is very true. The other thing is, it was so dark I literally had to use my phones flashlight to see the menu and to see what I was eating in my salad! The cars were novel but not conducive to conversation with more than the person next to you.

1 Like

No. They will be glazed over, turned into screen zombies. :joy:

4 Likes

That’s why I like it in there. The quiet. And it’s cool & dark. Let’s face it, they didn’t plan for shade when they planned DHS. I know some folks think AK is the hottest because it’s humid, but that radiant heat of DHS just toasts us- and of course there’s the inevitable midday crowds. Ecaping into SciFi is just a wonderful, relaxing retreat. I never noticed the quietness keeping us from talking although now that I think about it, we might be a tad quieter.

5 Likes

I love both of them, but with a young boy would choose Sci Fi. But if you end up with 50s it’s a lot of fun! I love their food too.

3 Likes