Saratoga Springs Resort Questions

A couple of questions for those who have stayed at SSR:

• Can I park my car in any available space around property, or is parking assigned by area?
  • Is there typically parking available in Congress Park so that we could walk to Disney Springs (somewhere around #4 in the map below)
  • Is parking typically available near the Carriage House for using the main pool?

I may add more questions to this thread if they come up!

3 Likes

You can park pretty much anywhere. We stayed in Congress Park, and there were definitely open spots most of the time. We never had to park very far away. (We were in the CP building furthest from DS.)

I didn’t pay attention to how full the lot was closest to DS…but parking anywhere in Congress Park, or even the part of The Paddock closest to DS isn’t too bad of walk.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve requested a room in Paddock but with little kids’ feet to contend with, driving down the road to Congress Park and walking to DS from there will probably be worthwhile. Driving to and parking at DS would stress me out though.

FWIW, a bunch of the spaces are open on the Google Maps satellite image. :rofl:

Also just noticed that these spaces by the Carriage House say “30 MIN PARKING.” Worth noting.

3 Likes

Yes. True… those spots are really just meant for checking in and out. We did park just across from there in The Springs, though…quick walk over to the Carriage house.

Another option is to park in the lot over near the boat dock and take the boat over to DS. Time wise, it is longer, but a nice relaxing way to get there as well.

4 Likes

Yes

IIRC, yes

No idea on this one - have only stayed Congress Park

3 Likes

Oh it’s really not bad at all. Have you done it? They are smart garages, so you can see how many spaces are available on each level and can see down the row if there are spots (green light above spot) or not (red light above spot).

And it’s literally around the corner from SSR

Of course, if you’re parking at Congress Park it’s kind of the same I guess.

3 Likes

Oh that’s a good suggestion. That lot is never full at all. I’ve been there several times to hit the pro shop

2 Likes

I stayed at Grandstand last year and really liked it for accessibility to the main building. …and yes, we have parked at CP to walk over to DS.

2 Likes

So I’m curious would using the internal bus to hop on at your building location and then just jumping off when it gets to Congress park so you can walk over to DS —- does that work? I’ve stayed at SS a couple of times but never put this into action but always thought it would work

3 Likes

I agree with this. I rarely use a parking garage so the DS one was too peopley.

Definitely do NOT take the SSR bus to DS. If one exists. I’m pretty sure we did this once - I think we went by way of downtown Orlando. Trip took forever and many different roads.

Parking is not assigned. Tho I will say that some people do not recognize which parking space is mine. :smile:

3 Likes

I agree with @OBNurseNH on this - as someone who has as only ever arrived at DS via private vehicle the parking garages are really user friendly and a huge improvement over the former lots (though trips during construction were a special kind of awful). Just identify before you go (you know - maps😏) which area you’d most like to target.
And I bet the kids would enjoy the people/walking bridges over the roads.

4 Likes

I think the parking garage technology at DS with the lights and automated reporting of where there are empty spaces is arguably the greatest technological invention since the wheel! I don’t know why ALL parking garages do not employ this miracle!

Having said that, I think the walk from SSR is quite enjoyable, and wouldn’t bother to use the parking garages UNLESS where you wanted to be was on the west end of Disney Springs.

4 Likes

Hi, we just stayed at SSR for the first time at the end of October. We were in the Grandstand section and had a car. We had plenty of parking by our building and we would drive to the main pool and always found parking there.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t park over there personally when there are three great garages on the DS side of the street - so close to where you want to be!

But DH was there on his own in January and parked over there LOL. When I asked him why he did that he said, “I don’t know I panicked” and he was apparently afraid to miss his opportunity to get in a garage (and also apparently forgot that he could, like, turn around if he went past :rofl: )

4 Likes

It truly is. I only meant that if you’re going to bother to get in the car to move it closer to the path, why not just drive a smidgy bit further and park right at DS

3 Likes

Hahaha.

I’m looking at maps and trying to figure out what part of my memory banks are overlapping and not computing… the garages and the walking bridges are NOT connected.
But I have photos of us using the bridges (and looking down at traffic) in 2019, but also have photos of us sitting in the garage eating snacks as we discussed our game plan for MVMCP. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Sorry @Jeff_AZ I am adding confusion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I definitely agree. If bothering to drive, just drive all the way there! I think my only exception to that would be if you plan to be on the far east end of DS, by the Christmas shop and Earl of Sandwich, etc. Because going to the parking garage would make that a longer walk than parking at CP.

2 Likes

The garages on the “wrong” side of the street absolutely are

Edited: it’s the Grapefruit garage

2 Likes

Thank you!
It did happen.

I only
Noticed these ones when I looked at maps.

4 Likes

I just noticed there is a surface lot (Lemon?) next to (east of) the Lime garage. Never realized there was a surface lot on that end. Has anyone parked there? Does it tend to fill up? I feel like we’re always directed to the parking garages.

1 Like