Sadness over California (at WDW)

My wife just informed me…WDW now has this:

Can we petition Disney to keep it longer? I can’t believe we will miss by 3 days!

7 Likes

3 days…gah!!

3 Likes

Sorry you’ll miss it, I know you don’t like the new version.

3 Likes

Aw, sucky timing :frowning:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1760325233477636516

It will be back in DCA on March 1.

1 Like

Ugh I was hoping it would be there longer!

Probably “don’t like” is a little strong. I still enjoy doing Around the World…but not even CLOSE to as much as Over California. And while I’m on Around the World, I find myself getting annoyed with each CGI-generated/enhanced scene after scene.

BUT, I actually enjoy Soarin’ Around the World more than FoP. But Soarin’ over California is just so much better, and I wanted to experience it again! I thought this was going to be my chance…only to be snatched away from me! Thanks, Obama. (Err. I mean. Disney.)

5 Likes

You know what that means? Disney math your way into a few more days :wink:

4 Likes

Oh no! I wanted that version to stick around through our April trip and so did DH :sob:

2 Likes

I like Soarin around the world much better than California. DD and I were disappointed seeing it again in December.

7 Likes

Umm…the exit is THAT way. →

:nerd_face:

2 Likes

I will be there that day! I’m hoping to ride it on the 2nd. Maybe the 1st if the line isn’t insane.

4 Likes

They just need an all new movie. For both parks.

No sped-up fly overs (like the one over LA :nauseated_face:), no jump scares (stupid eagle) and with drone photography being what it is now, let’s get some much cleaner real footage.

How about also special version? A low-fly over of the various Disney Parks? A fly through of Disney Land Paris’ drone show? I’d be ‘up’ for that :wink:

While we’re at it, how about new/better 360-vision movies? Again, drone photography has come such a long way and we can throw 360 cameras on everything.

13 Likes

I will be riding it on the first at DCA too. See you there!

2 Likes

Sounds like a good idea. I keep hoping for a “Soarin’ Across America”.

And you’re right…with Drone technology, they should be able to replace all of this, including the Circlevision films, without a huge amount of cost compared to the olden days!!!

4 Likes

Why aren’t you working for Disney? They need people like you.

6 Likes

It would be like replacing the entire Disney IT department with just @JJT and there would be a marked improvement, right? :crazy_face:

7 Likes

absolutely. Pennies. It’d be pennies to get this all updated now. The biggest challenge will be editing it to the various screens (and then whatever ‘story’ they want to make out of it with narrations and stuff).

I mean… yes?

They also need help in the Park Designer department too. Apparently someone thought “tripping hazard” light posts were a good idea…and now they’re realizing that they’re not, so they’re replacing them

3 Likes

He might even figure out how to finance it entirely on rewards points. :smiley:

9 Likes

at the very least, I’m sure the “copy gnome” wouldn’t appear.

(this was on the customer-facing production site… i was pricing a reservation)

6 Likes