runDisney Event Thread

@J_ClaytonIII - Sci -Fi Dine-In, 50’s Prime Time Café and Holywood and Vine all have pasta entrees. :smiley:

Solo trip, so I was thinking the lounge at 50’s prime time but I am not crazy about veg, lasagna. So I may try the chicken & pasta at Sci - Fi, it seems ok as a solo diner and I have never been there! Thanks!!!

1 Like

For those who have done the Jan 5K, what time did you catch the bus to get to the race (we’re staying at POP)? Having never done a race before, I have no idea of the timing of everything. I’m hoping that info. will be in our race packet?? I know we’re going to have to get up early. :sleeping: We’re coming from central time zone, which will make that even harder! I think we’re going to have to adjust our going to bed/waking up schedule the week before.

Just booked my room for marathon weekend and was surprised a number of room categories at the moderates and a few values were already sold out. Am still hoping for some discounts later but glad I have a room booked for now!

1 Like

The busses for the 5K start running at 4:15, and they stop transporting people at 5:30. In some years, I’ve heard people say that if you wait until the last minute, you might not get on a bus….and potentially miss being able to run. (Yipes!) I’d suggest planning to catch the bus around 4:30 or so. The good news is that there’s a lot of fun going on when you get to the pre-corral area, so the time goes by pretty fast.

More than the problem of waking up that first day is being able to get to sleep the night before…nerves and adrenaline really work overtime that night. That also helps you get a move on at the crazy early hour, at least for the first day or two. How the people manage to drag themselves out of bed for the Dopey on Sunday morning, I have no idea!

2 Likes

Thank you, @mascardofamily! I think we’ll plan for getting on the bus around 4:30. I definitely don’t want to be late! Thankfully, we’re only doing one race, so one night/morning of messed up sleep shouldn’t be too bad. Dopey sounds like some form of torture to me! (both the running and the waking up):wink: I really admire people who can do it.

1 Like

My first Disney 5k for Princess…very excited to hear that it will be Frozen themed.

1 Like

Hi guys! Does anybody have a tip for a person who did not register for a race but is now looking for a back door in? I know some travel agencies reserve race spots and I think there’s a way you can get in late with a charitable donation (or similar) but does anyone have any specific information about how to do this? Thanks! :runner:

Look at GET Travel. We used them to get into the Tinkerbell this year.

1 Like

Looks like they’re sold out for about everything but thanks for the rec!

Bummer! Maybe there are other options that someone else here knows about!

1 Like

Charity groups are listed on the official runDisney website. Each race is listed separately. For example, here is the charity list for Wine & Dine Half -

http://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/registration/#charity-groups

1 Like

Charity groups are listed on the official runDisney website. For example, Wine & Dine Half charity groups listed here:

http://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/registration/#charity-groups

Travel providers or charity groups listed on the run disney site are the way to go and I’d suggest reaching out anyway even if they look sold out, to see if they have wait lists. I got into princess half three weeks before the race through a travel provider who got some last minute additional registrations.

2 Likes

Thanks guys I’ve been reading all about it. How about accommodations? Are there certain resorts that are better to stay in for the races?

Got mine too. Had a room at POFQ, but changed it to POP to save about $250. Hoping for RO
discounts and/or AP discounts as well.

2 Likes

@scrapper1617. I might be at POP too. I’ll catch the bus with you!

2 Likes

@Sorcerers_Apprentice, that would be great!!

1 Like