runDisney Event Thread

I thought it would be fun to start a thread regarding runDisney events in WDW. Are you registered for an upcoming event?

5 Likes

Hi @MeetMeAtThePoly, glad to see you here. Good idea. I’m planning a coast-to-coast for 2015 - Star Wars Half in January at DLR and Princess Half in Feb at WDW. How about you?

4 Likes

My husband is registered for the Wine and Dine half, and the January half, I’m doing the Jingle Jungle 5K, January 10K, and Princess 10K. Kiddo is registered for the 200m for January and Princess.

3 Likes

Dumbo double dare at Disneyland in August, wine and dine half, and, gulp, marathon in January (but that one might get deferred).

2 Likes

I’m in for ToT weekend (but not the race, sadly) and January 5 & 10k & 1/2 marathon.

4 Likes

We are registered for the Princess Half (Glass Slipper challenge). Time to start training.

2 Likes

@WeHave2GoBack - Only Wine & Dine Half for me at the moment!

1 Like

@JustBelievers - Congrats! Are you going to follow the Jeff Galloway plans on the runDisney website? I started the Wine & Dine beginner plan a couple of weeks ago.

@HappyKaren - I did the ToT 10 Miler the inaugural year - had a blast. Just a fun weekend to be there. Congrats on registering for the January WDW Marathon events! Wowza! :smiley:

1 Like

See you at the Wine & Dine Half @GrownUpLilo! Congrats on registering for the full :smile:

How fun @mascardofamily! Sounds like an active fall & winter :smiley:

I’ll be at the GSC! Looking forward to my first half and my first challenge after finishing ToT.

2 Likes

GSC medal looks so pretty!

bring on the hardware! :smiley:

1 Like

ToT weekend and sadly I am doing the race…Also the 1/2 in Jan. and then PHM in Feb.

1 Like

@Sing_a_ma_jig_Keli - My ToT is a nice medal! (It glows in the dark!) Have you ran it before?

No @MeetMeAtThePoly. Have only done DLR races before as an excuse to get out to CA. I am excited for ToT except I am trying to convince my 7-minute mile DH to just get in a different coral and not run beside my while barely breaking a sweat and annoyingly encouraging me to go faster. Shhh, don’t tell him I said that.

3 Likes

@Sing_a_ma_jig_Keli - I get it :smiley:

Registered for the 5K and 10K during Marathon weekend for for the GSC during Princess weekend.

3 Likes

@kristenabelle- GSC will be my first 1/2 as well! Excited but terrified at the same time!

3 Likes