runDisney Event Thread

@MeetMeAtThePoly I ran that one too! Not my finest hour, but it was a fun race and great after party. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@MeetMeAtThePoly, I’m registered for the 5K and 10K in January! First Disney races and sooooo excited. I’ll be hanging with @HappyKaren and @Darth_DopeyD73 for that one. I’ll be there during the ToT and going to the after party, but didn’t get in to the 5K. I wish Disney did stand by for these things!

3 Likes

Hi gang! I’m registered for the 5k, 10k, and the 1/2. I’ll catch up on here later.

3 Likes

Registered for WDW Marathon (my first) in Jan. as a possible solo trip…hoping to get Coast to Coast with DL 1/2 next August with DW.
I love the idea of designated RunDisney thread!

1 Like

DH and I are registered for Wine & Dine, can’t wait!

1 Like

One of us definitely will. We met Jeff at the Princess Expo in 2013. So inspiring. One of us was already running. We both became runners after that (and both more inspired).

1 Like

I think I’m gonna be there too @GlitchVonSchweetz. I feel so left out…

2 Likes

You are @Sorcerers_Apprentice! Sorry! I was thinking about my roomies. groveling for forgiveness puppy dog eyes

2 Likes

Interesting - at first I used “< >” signs around the stuff in italics and they didn’t show on my reply. So I changed it to " * *" around each phrase and it italicized them. I’m guessing that means we can do some html commands directly into the replies.

I tried to make it look like this “” “” - Ugh! Can’t even show you in quotes!

1 Like

No forgiveness necessary. I’ll be close by…

2 Likes

Yeah, now we just have to get training all squared away…and stay away from all those treats around the World while doing it!

1 Like

Registered for my first 5K (ever!) next Jan.

4 Likes

W&D 2014 and Enchanted 10k for me. Excited for my first Half!

2 Likes

I’m signed up for the TOT 10 miler! 1st time doing it!

2 Likes

@JustBelievers - I met Jeff Galloway last year too, at the Wine & Dine expo. Yes - very inspiring!

1 Like

@poohbear514 - Congrats for registering! You’ll love it!

@mascardofamily - you’ll burn off the calories - no worries :wink:

I usually end up gaining weight during training. I suppose it would be a good idea to have carrots and celery around instead of crackers.

We did it last year, it was a lot of fun! The energy is unreal!

1 Like

Other than the obvious Mama Melrose…what are some carb loading ideas for DHS the day prior to WDW Marathon?