Rumours about Rise of the Resistance at DHS

I hope it doesn’t taint the rest of WDW for you! And that it’s as fun as possible in April.

I agree about the hype probably scaring people away. It’s just that Harry Potter is also a massive franchise and Universal’s land/ride openings have also been hyped (though maybe less?) but clearly haven’t scared people away. I agree with you and everyone that not going with a land/planet from the movies was a misstep.

We leave on 12/7. I’m not quite sure how I feel. I would love the EEMH at HS (I think), but would prefer not having it at AK and MK.

We have MVMCP on 12/5, and nothing solid for 12/6 and 12/7. I don’t know if we will try to brave it or not. I want to. But I have 3 small kiddos. Doesn’t seem like a good environment for them. Maybe DH, DS7, and I will try it, leaving DS4 and DD2 with grandma.

3 Likes

I think a difference maker here is the ExpressPass. Yes, you know you will have to wait in a super long line for that one ride if you want, but you can still bypass all the other ones. At WDW you don’t have that option.

2 Likes

I hope EEMH is over by the time I get there in the Spring! I just can’t see moving that early with young kids.

That sounds very sane, hooray for grandma. I hope it all works out well for you. (Also, I now have an “I’m on a boat” earworm, thank you.)

1 Like

When mine were young was when we were up that early anyway. So off we went! Lol

2 Likes

I felt the same way, but saw it On Demand a few months ago when the kids were sleeping and my wife was out with her friends. It was much better than I expected and I really enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Maybe we’ll just sleep in our car in the HS parking lot after the MVMCP!!

7 Likes

True, that does make a difference. Though the WWoHP rides were all exempt until two years ago, weren’t they?

2 Likes

Day #3 of my trip, ugh!!!

1 Like

LOL-- well we just entered a 6:30-7 AM wake up time. Have to savor it-- its been 5 years since that happened- lol. But we could make it for a 8am. But I loved a 9AM MK opening-- was just relaxing on Main St. hate to feel rushed.

I’ll keep that in mind. I’ll admit, I was never a huge Han Solo fan. I’m more a Luke kind of guy. Luke was my hero as a kid. Han was…well obnoxious. As an adult, I see the appeal Han has for some…but just not for me.

I don’t actually know, we’ve never been. But even if they were, you could still get the EP to skip the rest of the lines.

1 Like

You have my sympathy! I think your “ugh!!!” reaction is a big factor in the low crowds at Disneyland – it just adds so much uncertainty to a vacation that already seems to demand a high level of planning. People don’t like huge uncertainty generally, and definitely not for vacation.

1 Like

Actually, as I think about it, I’m not sure opening Dec. 5 is going to make a significant difference in things.

When I was looking at availability for that time frame a few weeks ago, I was surprised at how much was already not available. Not that everything was full up, but a lot of options were already filled.

This suggests that those folks had ALREADY booked trips during that time period in hopes for RotR would be open. So, the announcement might not make things much worse than they already were going to be, regardless.

2 Likes

Maybe hit the other parks early in your trip and then go to SWGE on the last day?

Are they still doing EMM-TSL this fall? If so, that would be a great way to see other parts of HS during SWGE crazy times.

My trip planning has been a mess trying to figure out HS crowds anyway. Maybe we will go on arrival day? I just don’t even know now!

1 Like

This December folk is OH MY GOSH SO EXCITED I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!!! This is exactly what we hoped for when we booked our December trip last September (when military rates were released). So happy!!!

In regards to the use-an-existing-world vs making-a-new-world, I don’t think it mattered/matters at all. Each of the worlds were new at one point in the franchise. And as an avid SWTOR player, I am thrilled to be able to explore another new world, this time in real life! woot! woot woot!

7 Likes

Do you think any current September goers may move their trips back?

Yes, we booked that time frame for that exact reason. So we are thrilled!

1 Like