Rumours about Rise of the Resistance at DHS

That one, I’m not sure we can excuse. Leia kissed Luke on Hoth in Empire Strikes Back. But the surprise twist of Vader being Luke’s father at the end suggests he MIGHT have known where it was going since Luke communicated to Leia using the Force at the end. But it is also possible that he didn’t know until he started on the script for ROTJ that Leia would end up being his sister.

Interesting - as a person who has only seen the first Star Wars film (don’t shoot me) I am personally mainly excited about RotR because of the all the hype about it being a ground-breaking new experience - so I’m excited about the how cool the ride itself will be. I do think announcing RotR opening on 29th might push the opening few weeks (when I’ll be there) into unbearable for me
Edited with announcement - THANK YOU DISNEY! Who’s excited for a quiet first few weeks in September? MEEEE

2 Likes

YES!! I’ll be there!

…CRAP! I’ll be there!!! This just made HS planning insane.

11 Likes

Well, I guess I won’t bother to work too hard to attend the IHI conference in orlando that takes place a few days later. I was thinking I could get in during a quiet yet holiday time.

The goal has always been before year’s end, so I’m not surprised.

2 Likes

Honestly I think this has been so hyped and people in general are so aware at what a massive franchise SW is that it has scared people away.

The die -hards are there.

The people who love SW but don’t go often will wait for both rides to open.

The rest of us (ahem, me) are avoiding at all costs. I’ll have to subject myself to it in April for my family and for business reasons. But I am not a fan and do not like what it could potentially do to my happy place. If it stays restricted to HS - of which I’m not a fan anyway - I won’ mind so much.

2 Likes

well… you still could. Epcot should be silent what with pretty much all of Future World going off line for a bit. :frowning:

1 Like

Is it? I know Future World is being re-done, particularly up front…but other than Spaceship Earth for some refurbishment, what else is going off line?

woo hoo! I have a trip planned for the 5th to the 9th!!!

2 Likes

Kind of hard to recreate a Desert Planet or an Ice Planet in a place with daily afternoon rainstorms and daily temperatures over 90 degrees.

No Ewoks, please.

1 Like

Sadness.

More time to spend, though, at my two faves: AK and MK

1 Like

I agree with everything you typed. We’re going, we’re excited, we’re going to spend a boatload of money BUT if they had placed the land in the context you wrote about, they WOULD have had the crowds for which they were hoping.

The only throwbacks in the land are The Falcon (which did not get premier ride status), blue milk, and you can build an R2 unit.

I agree that having a fictional land vs. a land fans know from the movies was a misstep

5 Likes

This. And a focus on the characters from episodes IV, V and VI (Vader, Luke, Leia, Chewbecca, Han Solo, Yoda). Even my 4 year old daughter knows who Darth Vader is … but she has no clue who Kylo Ren is.

6 Likes

Have you seen Hogsmeade?

5 Likes

I’m on a boat! Or rather, I’m in the same boat as you.

1 Like

Loved the Solo movie and blame its failure on The Last Jedi which I loathe and it still remains the only SW movie I don’t own.

Solo was a fun buddy heist movie with a great cast, IMO.

5 Likes

While I LOVED LOVED The Last Jedi, but wasn’t interested enough in Solo to even go watch it. I will eventually. When there’s nothing else to watch.

I wonder how many people just moved their trip to December and how the December folks are feeling and if EEMH will start up again after the stoppage for Run Disney?

1 Like

I left the theater RANTING and I never do that.

They destroyed my Luke and I’ll never get past it unless it gets fixed in the next movie. Which I’m not real hopeful about.

2 Likes

So I guess we can assume EEMH for the rest of the year now. There goes the need for my BOG PPO! I was really looking forward to an empty Fantasyland.

1 Like