RUMOUR - Changes to DHS FP tiers starting 29th August

This would likely need to be priced very high at WDW due to the demand that would be substantially higher than at Universal. If most people buy an express pass, then it has no value. And if the express passes are limited and sell out way, way in advance, then even more people will be upset. I’m thinking it would need to be priced in the range of at least $300+ per person per day range to avoid those issues … and then people would be very upset about the price.

If I was booking FPs for Slinky, ToT and RnR, that uses up 3 of the popular FPs. Now I can only book one of them per day.

Disney is clearly hoping this will help give offsite guests the chance to book an FP for a ride. I’m just pointing out why it may not work that way.

Well, I think it will help under most circumstances. As I’ve said in the past, I don’t actually expect SW:GE to drive up crowds as dramatically as others fear aside from the initial opening. But that could just me being desperately hopeful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good point and they probably will never go that route. Just looking at how much they are charging CL FPP for those who are already spending an exorbitant amount of money on rooms.

With that being said O believe the SW hotel will offer exclusive access to the SW rides. And we know that price will be sky high

No, they have already gone that route. It’s called a VIP tour.

Do you think this will make it easier to land that 4th FPP at HS for one of these tier 1 rides?

I don’t think the shows are ever going to be that popular to steer people to get fast passes for them. If they do decide to go through with this, lots of people who frequent Disney often will just get their one Tier 1 fast pass, then either SB shows and fast pass at other parks for the day, or do that one FP and park hop somewhere else.
If I was going by myself and not with a little kid, I’d just rope drop, then do my fast pass for the day, then head to another park. Repeat every morning… until all the rides are complete.

It’s less expensive to go CL and buy the extra FP, which of course also includes the hotel perks & amenities. If the CL rooms haven’t sold out by now, they will soon.

The 90-day window for CLFP at the SW:GE start date has opened, and people have been able to book those CLFP for all the Tier 1 rides, including RnR and ToT. ST seems to be going to no FP at all, which really stinks because it used to be basically a walk-on much of the time. No more.

We used the CLFP to do every ride we wanted at DHS in one afternoon. I’m not sure I’d go back there after SW:GE opens unless I could do the same thing again. At some point, it’s just not worth it. I don’t think we’ll be. going back to WDW for about 5 years, if ever. There’s a lot of the real world we haven’t seen yet, and it costs about as much as an upgraded trip to WDW.

This was my thought too, but doesn’t it affect us with young kids? Because people that normally wouldn’t waste their times with shows will have no where else to go so they use their FPs on shows?

(this is my first trip back in 15 years and all of these changes are going to make my head explode.)

Do you get the ability to buy CL FPs if you only stay one day or is it worth doing for the length of stay? I can’t imagine any of the other amenities being as valuable as that and you still pay for it.

As for people who don’t PH, yes, they will try to get a show and ST done then get another T1 FP. Whether they all will or just those of us in the know remains to be seen. I think it will depend on how admittance to GE is handled. It’s entirely possible that Disney is expecting long line ups and people will spend that time in GE.

I believe it is a three day minimum?

2 Likes

So obviously the overall crowds will definitely affect us, but I was more thinking that this doesn’t actually change which FastPasses I was going to get. If anything it potentially makes SDD a little easier? But I still don’t think it will be hard to get a Frozen Sing Along Fastpass. I also have a 4yo boy who likes but doesn’t LOVE any of the show movies, so I will probably just skip most shows except Lightning McQueen. I more need a good strategy to meet the Incredibles and Monsters since they don’t have FP+.

Hmm. I just realized after mentioned this that the technique for tapping into a FP in order to get a fourth or more in the park itself will now become extremely difficult to pull off unless you actually go to a show. Even if you just “tap into” a show in order to get that third FP used up, you will have to wait in line long enough for the show time to actually open up.

Since show windows are typically short - about 15 minutes- can you let it expire?

This should make SDD a somewhat easier get now. Pretty much every guest get one Tier One FP. The number of Tier One FP is based on the number of guests, until they run out. Right now the available pool of Tier One FP is divided over 3 attractions. Come August 29th, the same number of FP will be divided over 5 atrractions.

You can, but the problem is if Star Tours FPs fill up immediately, it means the only Tier 2s will be shows…which means you really have to wait. And before, if you tapped in for one FP, you could immediately start to try modifying the next earlier. It makes it much more difficult to do this with shows. I mean you can. But you show up for your show, tap in after waiting in the holding area/line, don’t do the show, and try to modify the next show sooner, etc.

I think most reports are saying Star Tours doesn’t even have an FP option with the new changes.

I’m not super familiar with the HS options, but I fully agree that Star Tours is going to be VERY hard to get!

It’s the Millenium Falcon Smuggler’s Run (evidently a glorified Star Tours ride) that won’t have FP+.

1 Like

Ok I’m reading the TP blog post now and I see what you are saying about Star Tours. I guess that makes sense? (To someone who isn’t me?)

2 Likes