Rules you didn't know were rules

Can I change that to “when I am about to lose my shit because I’m surrounded by morons who won’t get out of the way”?

2 Likes

Same thing

That will be one busy dog if that’s his task!

2 Likes

Is that literally a yes / no question? No specificity?

I mean, I suppose if you want to go the other direction from vague LOL

Said to the CM asking the question: he’s keeping me from punching you

That is the verbatim question that can be asked.
They are not allowed to ask more about the disability; you are allowed to offer if you so choose.

1 Like

I also had an unpleasant time at the BOG with the Beast (2014). It was my fault kind of b/c they said they wanted us to wait until our dinner was over, but I really needed something for my DD2 to do and she was done and no one else was. They got really mad at me that I didn’t want to go back to my seat and wait. I eventually did but it was unclear from how they were explaining it until it was already awkward.

1 Like

He senses if I’m about to become psychotically violent and chills me out with his general cuteness.

Actually, taking Calvin to Disney World would be a disaster. I really hate it when people pet him. Some American woman (and you know that they are the worst) came up to me today and did the whole “your dog is so beautiful do you mind if I pet him” and I went into full autistic mode and let it happen but didn’t talk or offer any eye contact.

1 Like

One time a small girl came up to me — the type you would all adore — and asked very politely if she could pet him. I said “no” and carried on walking.

I really don’t like it when people touch my stuff / dog.

I want to refute this, but I really can’t

1 Like

I was just starting to like you, Faceless

1 Like

Why are you offended? You’re Canadian.

1 Like

:rofl: this is so hilarious to me because nobody expects this answer unless it comes with “he might bite you”

Absolutely your right to deny them, and I can’t stop laughing and wish I could see it happen!

1 Like

No you weren’t

2 Likes

In general I let him decide, unless I’m on a mission to get somewhere. Sometimes he’s up for it, sometimes he’s not.

But if you teach your child to ask for permission, it must logically follow that you should prepare them for the possibility permission won’t be granted. Otherwise why ask?

It’s a little weird that I don’t like people petting him, but there is some logic to it. They smear their disgusting hands all over his fur, and I share a bed with that fur.

Also, you don’t go up to strangers and say “Your kid is really cute. Do you mind if I rub myself against them?” Well, you don’t do it twice.

3 Likes

Um…

OK you got me

1 Like

Get Calvin a huge black leather spiked collar. It’s the dog equivalent of a face tattoo.

2 Likes

I will walk my kids out of the way to avoid petting a stranger’s dog assuming they would be annoying all involved. Now I know I’m not just being weird. :smile:

Maybe not those words but you would be surprised what people will ask and do (without asking!) when you have a newborn in public.

6 Likes

Treat them all as if they’re the blonde chick in the first episode of the Battlestar Galactica remake.

(If you haven’t seen that, good. Don’t go look it up!)

But even worse is what people will do or say to pregnant women. I know they mean well but it’s hard enough without folks commenting on it all the time. So that’s a good rule you didn’t know was a rule- don’t say anything to a pregnant woman unless it’s “Would you like my seat?”

3 Likes