Rules you didn't know were rules

I was going through the photos I took at WDW this summer and I found this one, which reminded me of the really awkward moment it captured.

I was at Crystal Palace for breakfast and was having my photo taken with Piglet. Tigger walked by so I put my arm round him, too and said, “Yay! I get to cuddle both of you!”

But Tigger immediately wriggled away from me and the CM said, “You can only have one at a time.” They both marched off.

It felt really awkward and the CM spoke to me like I was a naughty child.

It’s made me reluctant to do character meets again, to be honest.

It’s just for efficiency. Don’t let it put you off!

2 Likes

It was the curt way she said it. Like I really should know better and maybe I should go stand in the corner and think about what I’ve done.

1 Like

Not all CMs are magical and lovely all the time. But most of them are magical and lovely most of the time.

2 Likes

I totally get it. I had a terrible photo experience at BOG with the character lead assisting The Beast. We were the ONLY people in the room and the CM shouted at us like a drill sergeant - to the point that my DD17 almost cried. (She’s a strong young lady and this CM almost brought her to tears)

I’m not done with Character M&Gs, as I love them, but I’ll never go back to BOG for dinner.

1 Like

The characters and CMs also get grabbed often, by adults - this could have also been more that and just not explained well.

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess my intentions might not have been clear. I was overcome with childlike enthusiasm rather than anything more aggressive.

3 Likes

I didn’t know you could bring in a service horse.

You can bring in a service horse. I wanna bring in a service horse.

1 Like

Thanks ADA! If you have to have a service pony, you have the legal right to bring it ANYWHERE a service dog can go too, which is basically everywhere.

1 Like

Not handled in the best way customer service-wise, but I think the concept behind the rule if that if one person gets a photo with 2 characters at a time then many others will want it too … and that is not feasible timewise.

1 Like

He did say horse, not pony… :joy::rofl::joy:

If I could get Calvin on my flight (there’s room for him in my little section in business class) I would totally slap a jacket on him and claim him as an emotional support animal. Which, quite frankly, he is. You all know me to be a rational and stable person, but that’s only because he’s sitting next to me calling me down.

2 Likes

As much as anything it was the way he wriggled away from me. It was quite unsettling.

1 Like

The Americans With Disabilities act only specifies two animals that can actually serve as service animals: dogs and miniature horses. It’s a real actual thing!

Truth be told, they couldn’t ask you more than two things:

1. Is he required because of a disability?
  2. What task does he perform?

They cannot ask you for proof, they cannot ask about your disability.

Of course that is for SERVICE animals. Not emotional support animals. That’s not a protected thing.

Are you limited to only one? :smiley:

1 Like

Yes
He snuggles him.

Seems pretty clear to me

1 Like

Snuggles is not work or task

That could be reworded: he recognizes when I am about to have a panic attack (or an attack if you would prefer to be more vague) and he helps me get into a safer position.

1 Like

I’m just going to copy that text and paste it into a document for use later if you don’t mind.

2 Likes

Sounds like it could still work for him

1 Like