RotR Watch: COVID Edition!

That’s what we’ve done as well. Two HS days, two MK days, and one each for AK and EP.

HS is clearly the one that will require us to put our patience hats on!

2 Likes

I’m wondering how the crowds will dwindle over the course of the day. Really, there’s so little to do here without the shows. I’m wondering how much we could get done if we simply arrive at 1:30 for our ADR at 2 and then plan on touring from 3:30-8. We won’t do ToT or RnRC this trip for sure. I feel like that’d be plenty of time to do what we want. We might do Rise but maybe not. Depends on how much my 39” DD4 has grown since May and how much of a boost her new Sketchers give her. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Really? Because I think HS has the most to do, aside from MK. That’s part of the problem…there are so many HIGH DEMAND attractions there, but not enough capacity without the shows. (My wife and I were just talking about how just a few years ago, HS was a 1/2 day park…and now, we’re planning it for 2 days!)

If the park stays as busy as it was yesterday, ride wait times didn’t really drop all that much through the end of the day. It shifted around a bit, but wait times never really dropped that much, which surprised me.

Well, for us it’s just Slinky, AS2, TSM, MMRR and MFSR. And ST and Rise if DD4 is tall enough. But if she’s not that’s only 5 attractions for us in the whole park.

And I was also surprised wait times didn’t drop yesterday. :confused:

2 Likes

This is the problem - there are basically 9 attractions, almost all of which are high demand. But MK has closer to 30 attractions, albeit many less popular ones. It makes it hard to do it all in one day, because everyone wants to do 6 or 7 of those same 9 attractions.

1 Like

Fun news for data nerds! DFB is reporting that boarding passes now include your estimated wait time till your group is called:

6 Likes

That’s handy. I wonder how accurate it will end up being, for day planning purposes. I mean, if you get a pass that as a return time estimated at 155 minutes, would it be safe to leave the park to go change/rest/whatever, and come back in time? Could be handy. But it would be a bummer to be outside the park and suddenly the 155 minute wait drops to 60 minutes and you have to try to make it back in time!!!

2 Likes

I think we’ll have to watch to see how accurate it is. My guess is that you will more likely wait longer than they tell you … but who knows?!

Depends on the party. When we went in January we found there was not much for us to do because of the heights of our kids and their inability to sit for several shows in a single day. We arrived at 7 am, got our BG, did TSL and left before 9 am. No shows were open, our BG was 80 something, and our jedi training time wasn’t until 1 pm. We came back at noon until 4 and knocked out most of the rest of the park. The oldest and DH came back after dinner to build a droid and ride MFSR.

1 Like

Thinking more about it. Now that APR’s are a thing, couldn’t WDW just ask everyone with a DHS reservation if they want to enter the BG lottery and notify about it the night before?

This couldn’t happen in the before times because a bunch of people would try just in case, reducing availability for people who actually went to the park. But now a pretty high percentage of people with APRs should be going anyway, so there is no reason to not distribute it before.

2 Likes

That would be nice. Or they should only admit enough guests where they can accommodate everyone onto the ride once. They could keep the queue open after hours if they miscalculated, or close it early if they get through everyone.

Totally a thread-jack, but as a person who doesn’t even really care for roller coasters, Slinky Dog is SO MUCH FUN! Didn’t do it on our first trip, did it on our second, and had a blast - it was everybody’s favourite.

3 Likes

Here’s our update on the later drops today:

Again, be there in time for the 10am drop!

Also notice how smooth the trend line in groups called is today. Hardly any hiccups. Maybe they took my advice on changing the group size or calling fewer groups at a time?

1 Like

We were in line for Journey into Imagination and I heard the cast member say “so we just doubled our wait time?”. Then Soarin showed a 45 min wait and it was 20 min tops.

1 Like

I’d suspect not critical to rush back. I’m thinking you take a screen shot before you leave the park, and make sure to be back inside of the park at least 30 min before that estimate. Bet the CMs would honor it even if you had gotten called early.

1 Like

HS is a park I typically spend more than one day in. I love the attractions and shows. There is so much that appeals to me.

My last trip in Jan2020 I had 5 day Park hopper tickets. I was in HS 2 full days and 2 half days.

I could have spent a whole day at Black Spire Outpost…easy. The shows are so good. I just love Beauty and the Beast in the Theater of the Stars, Indiana Jones ™ Epic Stunt Spectacular! in the Stunt Theater, Cooling off at Muppet Vision 3D and Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Quenching my thirst at Tune-In Lounge, Supper at Brown Derby,…

I am itching to go back!:mask:

3 Likes

Update from our day today. Got to skylines at Pop at 9 to head to HS. Loong line but it starting run right at 9. Got to park around 9:30 and into park by 9:40. Went to Starbucks then grabbed a bench at sunset and Hollywood Blvd. At 10, got BG 4!!! Used wifi. Had no issues selecting everyone in our party. App said we’d be called with 25 min. About 15 min later we were called. Got into line and it moved pretty quick up until just before interrogation. About 10 min we were in interrogation and ride went down. We are still sitting here in interrogation hallway. But at least it’s inside! So close to getting in the ride. Fingers crossed it will be back online soon.

4 Likes

How is the social distancing in the interrogation room? Are there multiple groups in there?

1 Like

Pretty good. Not sure about the line right before that. There are markers and CMs are enforcing/reminding. Everyone has to keep masks on.

5 Likes

In the section we are in, there are only 3 groups

4 Likes