RotR Watch: COVID Edition!

Yes that part hasn’t changed. What has changed is three different times when you can apply for a boarding group / virtual queue, as opposed to 1 in the beforetimes. I think that’s what @ryan1 was referring to but I could be wrong.

Edit: Also, there was a brief period when you could ride multiple times, but they stopped it within days of opening RotR.

1 Like

Oh. I thought you could do Rise more than once, technically…although in practice it wasn’t happening. But wasn’t, early on, there complaints about people getting on and off and then getting another BG?

I don’t know. Seems so long ago now!

2 Likes

Yes this did happen early on. I edited my post above to clarify that you could ride multiple times for a few days before they cut that off.

Okay. So I may be crazy…but at least not TOTALLY crazy! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

out of curiosity, when you tested it, were you able to see everyone in your party to add them? I tried it at 10 and couldn’t see DH so hopefully they get that fixed by Thursday when we are there!

1 Like

On the opening couple of days you could ride multiple times (we rode twice on opening day) but they changed it shortly after to limit to one ride per day.

2 Likes

Has anyone seen reports about the stability of the RotR today? I’ve been stuck in meetings all day for work and haven’t followed it at all.

1 Like

I saw confirmation on Twitter that it shut down at least once. Here’s Thrill-Data’s report:

The plateaus indicate possible shutdowns. In this case, I see at least 4-5 sections where no additional BGs were called for at least half an hour or more.

Thank you, this is helpful! Too bad they couldn’t use the last 4 months to work on stability of the ride.

1 Like

Not sure we can call the flat spots a breakdown/shutdown anymore. They may be closing the queue based on the number of guests they have in the queue. They may have a threshold number of people in certain spots in the ride that dictate a stop to calling new boarding groups.

We need eyes on the ride to let us know.

1 Like

We will be there Friday and Sunday to give it a try and hopefully time some rides!

2 Likes

Agreed. Although hopefully they will just change the boarding group size or call them less frequently to avoid having a big delay like that. It’s helpful to have a steady stream of guests arriving rather than big batches.

1 Like

Anyone know how the 1pm and 4pm drops went?

:popcorn:

1 Like

I saw tweets that they went just as fast at 1pm as they did at 10am (which is to say, within minutes or even one minute). Didn’t see anything at 4pm.

Ok this says 4pm was full within 30 seconds and I saw another tweet that said Guest Relations told them that all 4pm slots were immediately taken up by overflow from previous releases and the system didn’t issue any new spots.

https://twitter.com/wdwnt/status/1283492633869012998?s=21

So the lesson is, show up by 9:30am so you can get in the park before 10am.

3 Likes

I’ll take that no prob over the 5 am wake ups in January!

4 Likes

Tried joining right at 10 and it let me in to create my party before it told me I wasn’t in the park. Exited out of that screen and immediately went to join again and it said the 10 am BGs were all gone. Probably took 30 seconds total.

2 Likes

Based on wait times only 18 minutes into the day at HS, it appears HS is, once again, super crowded (relatively speaking).

The other parks are great by comparison. But there seem to be just too many people in the parks at HS. I know they are full to capacity, so I suppose it can’t get worse.

However…I also know that yesterday, some of the early reported wait times were artificially inflated. I watched Prince Charming on YouTube yesterday after he was at HS, and he noted how the reported wait times for a few of the rides were MUCH higher than actual wait times. So perhaps Disney is intentionally raising early wait times in order to help keep people from wanting to arrive first thing in the day.

For example…a few minutes ago, MMRR was reported as 130 minutes. Now, it is 90 minutes.

1 Like

Well, it’s good to see something in the world somewhat back to “normal” anyway! :joy:

1 Like

Wait times look decent right now. Better than when there was FP+ anyways. Maybe inflate them to discourage people from picking DHS - even though everyone wants to go to DHS because they have the newest rides :crazy_face: When we did our AP reservations, we did the two DHS days which are Day 1 and 4, then MK, Day 2. So, we can guarantee we have DHS.

1 Like