RotR Watch: COVID Edition!

The reason I recommended this initially was because in the early days, the most common error was that the app didn’t register people as being in the park because it was using cached data that hadn’t been refreshed since the guest went through the tapstiles. It’s possible this has been fixed, but I would refresh the app at least once after going through the tapstiles just to be safe, but not necessarily five minutes before.

Another tip is to take screenshots of any errors or even screen cap video your BG application process so you can show Guest Services. If there was an error (not just too slow), they will almost certainly give you a BG. Especially so if part of your party got one.

2 Likes

Yes. You can do this as well.

1 Like

Hmm. Maybe when they changed the Select Party page they also changed this as well.

1 Like

Ah you may be right, back when they tweaked some things. Thanks

1 Like

Ok, I practiced at 2:00 today. After 3 quick clicks, I got the Not So Fast! Is Everyone in the Park? :+1:

I was a bit quicker than yesterday, when I got the red bar “Current Booking Window Now Full”. But that was at 10:00 and I’m guessing more people are trying then and may be harder to secure.

2 Likes

This means you got it – as much as it can be for the variables beyond your control!

3 Likes

I seem to have more “success” at 10am than 2pm. Any thoughts around that? Do we think more people try at 2?

1 Like

I believe there aren’t nearly as many slots made available at 2:00. And if there was a lot of downtime during the morning/early afternoon, there might not be ANY slots made available at 2:00.

1 Like

Ok, this makes sense! I’m hopeful for a 10am slot then. Now to agonize over what to do prior to 10am!

1 Like

I got BG 6 today!! From my home… in MI. Good practice!

I removed us from the BG so hopefully it doesn’t impede others being able to ride today. You know, the ones who are actually in the park.

4 Likes

I just got one too. So weird.

1 Like

This is sad, especially when we were in the park and couldn’t get one :frowning:

2 Likes

My guess is that there will be more than normal available at 2, since people are getting BG who are not in the parks and obviously won’t make it on the ride.

For anyone else who was practicing and got one, there is a place to remove yourself from the BG and please do so!

I’m sorry that happened to you today, @vcka

2 Likes

oh dear… it wasn’t today it was another day… I was teasing a bit. When were there a few weeks ago we didn’t get a boarding pass but I know you couldn’t gab one then unless you were in the park cuz we had been practicing.

3 Likes

So interesting! The one morning I missed practicing!

1 Like

Well I’m glad it’s not you today! I feel so bad for those in HS today. I would be on my way to guest services today, for sure

1 Like

if anyone was aware, absolutely go to gs

1 Like

I would be on the plane as we speak. :joy:

4 Likes

Wow - serious malfunction today!

1 Like

I asked my husband if he could think of any way we could get to HS in 35 minutes. He just stared at me. :joy: I said, “I’m doing this for you! We even have an hour wiggle room…”

I’m so sad we won’t be able to ride it together! I didn’t really want my MIL to come with us on the trip because I knew she’d be stressing about COVID, but I’m sad to miss out on the look on my husband’s face when he rides RotR and MFSR for the first time.

5 Likes