RotR Watch: COVID Edition!

I was on WiFi the last few days, but today it was cellular. I’ll try again tomorrow on WiFi and report back if it works.

Do a speed test beforehand if possible. If you’re in a location in your home with spotty WiFi, that could have an impact.

3 Likes

Time for a quick update on BG stats!

Processing Rates

Processing rates have continued to climb from an average of 7 BG/hr in July to 11 BG/hr in late October. On a “bad” day, RotR is processing ~8 BGs/hr, which is better than a “good” day in July! We haven’t had a truly bad day since mid-September (knock on wood).

Delays

Delays per day and average delay time has remained steady in October, but significantly better than July, which explains the overall trendline.

Week Delays / day Min / delay Total downtime
July 15th 4.4 37 1150 min
Oct 1st 2.6 29 530 min
Oct 14th 2.4 29 500 min

Downtime

Daily downtime started at around 25% with high variability (sometimes over 40%!) in July, and is now averaging closer to 13%, with many days under 10% (hard to imagine it being much lower than that with cleaning time).

Overall, operationally RotR is in a much better spot now than it was in July or August, and even September! Anecdotally, there have been fewer instances of the ride experience being abbreviated or simplified, though that can still happen.

5 Likes
1 Like

Boarding Group called at 9:40 on a 10:00 open.

3 Likes

Time for a RotR stats update! Once again, all charts are from Thrill-Data

Distribution

There were a couple of days where distribution lasted more than mere seconds, but that seems to have been a fluke rather than a trend. Make sure you are familiar with the process before you arrive at the park! For advice on the process, try this great thread by @bebe80!

Processing Rates

We’ve continued to see a positive trend in BGs called per hour, and therefore total number of BGs called in a day. It started at ~7 BGs/hr in July and is now averaging over 12 in November! A “bad” day is now less than 10 BGs/hr, which has only happened once (11/5) since late October. I assume adding capacity (plexiglass barriers) is part of this but operational efficiency is also important.

Delays

Delays per day and average delay time has remained relatively steady since October but still much improved over July:

Week Delays / day Min / delay Total downtime
July 15th 4.4 37 1150 min
Oct 1st 2.6 29 530 min
Oct 14th 2.4 29 500 min
Nov 9th 2.7 28 525 min

Downtime

The ride is now running close to 90% of the time most days, with up to 20% downtime on “bad” days, compared to days with over 40% downtime back in July and August. I don’t think we’ll see much more improvement than this until the cleaning cycles are no longer necessary.

In summary, RotR has been operating quite smoothly since mid-September. Hopefully this will continue going forward and perhaps improve or at least have less variability.

4 Likes

It kind of makes you wonder why they still call it a 10:00 open.

1 Like

I think it’s good they call the BG’s early, everything else is running. They can get a couple extra groups through each day. And I’m sure they would give you til 11:00 to check in, even if it says 10:40.

1 Like

Yeah. It would be quite surprising if they didn’t. So, basically the earlier BGs will be given slightly longer windows.

I think Disney is trying everything they can to help with increasing overall capacity, and this will help.

1 Like

“our boarding group was called at 9:40AM — before the park had even opened!”

I believe the author meant: “officially” opened :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hehe. Good catch!

It is good to know, if this continues, since we have three days (well, 2 and a 1/2) at HS planned. The 10:00 opening isn’t really opening. Since we’re at Boardwalk, it is easy enough to walk over and get ahead of the main crowds if we so desire.

1 Like

Was in line in the car at 8:50. At 9:05 exactly they started letting people in. We were on the park by 9:15 and rode Smugglers run and toy story mania by 10:00. In line for RRC now…

We got boarding group 86 from the house for ROTR, but they still didn’t call a single group yet…uhhhh

2 Likes

Ugh! I wonder what’s wrong? They’ve been doing really well lately - some days up to 130 BGs! Crossing my fingers for you!

1 Like

There on 77 now, so look good for around 4:15.

2 Likes

It broke down again at 80…

Did you ever get on? Rotten luck today!

1 Like

I believe so

2 Likes

Yes about 4:30. Line was crazy long, but went very fast.

2 Likes

:grimacing::frowning:

1 Like

Oy

1 Like