Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

These are organized step by step instructions to help you secure a Boarding Group for the newest WDW attraction using the Virtual Queue system on the Disney World app. Here is an image of the instructions, and below is a PDF link of the same for better viewing and printing. As always, let me know if something is inaccurate or if anything changes and I will update as needed.

• If you are interested in using an alternative, experimental method of using the VQ system to enhance your odds of attaining a BG, see the La Cava section of the forums, and the pinned thread.

IMPORTANT addition to the instructions: (For WDW Deluxe Resort/Select Hotel Guests visiting Epcot during Extended Evening Theme Park Hours, (currently Mondays) there is an additional opportunity to join the GOTG Virtual Queue at 6:00pm. If you are hopping to Epcot on one of these days, you do not have to enter the park in order to join.)

Virtual Queue Checklist .pdf (414.0 KB)

*updated 5-22-22

51 Likes

Very helpful, thank you! Well, my DS, DH, and DSiL thank you.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if I have to make sure my niece is not selected when reserving a boarding group? She is under 3 and therefore not a ticket holder.

Hello! Thanks for doing this! I clicked on your link and got a message saying the file was unavailable. Would love to see it if possible!

1 Like

This is great. I was just working up the nerve to start a post asking the best way to do this.:smiley:
So excited to practice.

2 Likes

After your DW trip, please report to: Poll Time! RotR BG Success Rate? and post your results after attempting to get BGā€™s!

3 Likes

You shouldnā€™t have to do anything. We have a 2 YO and I didnā€™t have an issue with the appā€™s auto-select/her MDE profile/getting the BG.

OKā€¦ I tested out the ā€˜nearbyā€™ ness of getting a BG this morning. Iā€™m w/in a hour of the world and didnā€™t get oneā€¦ because at 0700 you have to create your group b4 you can join and while it was just me I still wasnā€™t quick enough and was told it was full already. I didnā€™t time it, but some ppl got them ā€¦obviously just not me, as usual. So, I canceled my park reservation and could make one for another park.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!

I will update the instructions/pdf when I get more info. I will take any info or help from people on the ground. Thanks

So you had the extra step of checking boxes for who was going? My friends group (my family of 4) was auto populated at that step. Wonder why it was different?

It seemed to run just like the earlier version, just a lot earlier and not in the park. The cell phone signal isnā€™t very strong in my hotel room but I still worried about Disney WiFi. Got through with two bars though so no complaints from me.

1 Like

IDK, but it caused the delay that would never allow me to get a BG. Iā€™ll try again another time to see if it was just a fluke.

OP is now updated following the time change and the format is tweaked

After reports of Joining at 6:59:59 and further testing, the OP has been edited.

1 Like

So you had the extra step of checking boxes for who was going? My friends group (my family of 4) was auto populated at that step. Wonder why it was different?

Iā€™d love some extra insight on this question. It seems like this may be the determining factor. Iā€™ll never get through if only I am automatically ā€œcheckedā€ and the rest of the family has to be selected manually.

1 Like

This happens very infrequently. You have nothing to worry about. Just continue through the process of hitting Join without even pausing to see if everyone is selected. After you get a BG and for some reason they are not included, see a CM and they will manually add your party because this would be an error with the Disney app, not your fault.

3 Likes

Thank you! That is very helpful.

1 Like

Starting this Sunday Dec 20th, the second VQ drop time will change from 2pm to 1pm.

1 Like

We have a group of 10. So just want to clarify something - on the actual days when we all have the park pass/ticket - and I (hopefully!) get to the third screen where I select my party - will that blue Join button be visible without having to scroll down? With 10 people that should be already automatically selected - will the Join button be sitting on top or will I have to scroll down to be able to see it and click? (I understand at that step I need to click Join even if Iā€™m the only one shown selected and deal with adding others later, but just wondering where that button will be with such a large group!)