RotR Disneyland Edition!

That’s probably it as the ride was down.

1 Like

I would lean to them being more cautious at DL today. They want to make sure the optics look good. I would also think they are not having larger BGs, but just running the people through at a slower rate. Until operations gets comfortable with how to load/unload/transfer people around, they would be running at a slower rate.

1 Like

Yes, a 3 hour window. Called at 12:23 (BG43) had until 3:23. That was surprising. This was my 1st time riding, of course, but it did seem like the groups were not very big. It took 15 minutes to get to briefing room. The FP line joins right b4 that. Watched the briefing with Rey, moved to the transport, boarded, rode the transport. From exit of transport to sitting down on vehicle it took another 12 minutes. Total time in queue, with pre-show and transport until sat down on vehicle was 34 minutes.

3 Likes

Congrats on getting to ride!

Last week I finally booked a secret trip to DLR with my wife for April 10th, so that is when I will be riding for the first time!

4 Likes

Glad you got to ride. It took me an hour total to make it through both times, 34 min seems pretty good!

1 Like

The 34 minutes did not include the 10? minutes (didn’t time it) on the actual ride

Can you get a boarding group if you’re inside California Adventure (obviously assuming you have a park hopper) much like you can with MaxPass FastPasses?

Everything seems to point to ( being in) correction ….having entered DL only to get a BG. Once you’ve entered I’ve heard a story of a wife at home getting a BG for her husband with his ap. Gets around wimpy cell/wifi coverage at DL.

3 Likes

Based on WDW procedure I would assume you can get a BG as long as you have entered DL that day, and you could in theory then leave (including heading to DCA) and still get a BG from outside DL. But I don’t recommend that because if you run into issues, it is vital to have easy access to a CM to assist.

As of 5:10pm: Now Boarding Groups 62-70. At this rate, some of the lower backup groups (>82) might get on today.

1 Like

The good news is that the park is open till midnight (something that is rare at HS in Florida but happens fairly frequently in Anaheim, especially on the weekends) so they can keep calling BGs until 10pm and still leave a two-hour window. That gives them maybe 5 hours x 10 BG/hr = BG 120 if there are no more breakdowns. I wouldn’t count on it though.

1 Like

I’m rooting for all the people who slogged out the long wait in the cold, rainy night, only to land a backup BG. :grimacing:

3 Likes

I’ve been updating the opening day timeline all day and it looks like the BGs have just leveled off, potentially meaning they aren’t calling more for today as of about 8pm (Edit: they called more - might have been downtime). They may not want to operate all the way till midnight closing to make sure there is time for maintenance. A notice was sent to certain guests with Backup BGs that their number would not be called, including Bryan with TP (BG 115).

Today was pretty good for the ride: 99 BGs called (so far?). Not as good as opening day at , but better than days 2-4. Only 2 noticeable instances of downtime, which is the same as opening day at WDW so maybe the # of BGs is not comparable.

1 Like

You would think Brayn would have been following your suggestions on how to get BG in the WDW thread! :smile:

Too bad for those with BBG. It is a let down when the little bit of hope you were given is ripped away from you. :frowning:

2 Likes

Well I’m a little embarrassed now because they have now called up to group 114 as of 9:30pm! So maybe they’ll get to 115 after all? In any case, they got further than 99.

Edit: looks like it’s been stuck at 114 for a bit so would make sense if that’s the last one for today. Would also make sense that Bryan got the notice about not getting to ride with 115 (so close!)

1 Like

So I just checked chat and two liners with BGs 115 and 125 were let in even though their BGs were not called. CMs let them through and said no BGs above 114 would be called tonight. Also realized I think I misunderstood who they were referring to and it was a different Bryan. So don’t tease TP Bryan for not knowing the tricks. Lol

1 Like

Yes, Bryan (BTW) is not Bryan from TP. I am so glad to see him and Deb got to ride (or at least got into the line). Deb is a huge Star Wars fan.

2 Likes

It’s a good lesson - if you have a high BBG, don’t give up hope. Hang out around the line and make friends with CMs about 2-3 hours before closing time and they may let you in!

2 Likes

Ok, MiceChat is reporting that you should not have multiple people with linked profiles trying to get BGs at the same time because it will kick you out of each other’s group and you will get different BGs. I’m not sure I buy that because it has been working at WDW and I can’t think of why it would be different at DL. Plus as long as you get a BG you can plead your case to GS to switch to the same one. If anyone has experience or hears about that, please report back here.

In any case, no one has reported any issues logging in using the SAME credentials on multiple devices, so I still recommend that.

2 Likes

I am thinking they are just trying to reduce the number of people hitting their servers with DDOS attacks.

1 Like