RotR Disneyland Edition!

Just realized a couple of the times in my most recent post above were not adjusted for daylight saving time (not observed here in AZ so sometimes we are in the same time zone as LA but right now we are not). I just fixed it but sorry for any confusion for anyone who saw my post earlier. :blush:

1 Like

So I would imagine VQ assignments are all going to come down to who is fastest on their phone + who has the most responsive phone + who has the Disneyland app gods working in their favor (functionality of the app + where the DL supercomputer places you in the VQ)?

1 Like

It’s about to start in just a couple minutes! So I guess we’ll see!

1 Like

Someone just posted on Twitter that they arrived at 5:22am and are in BG 42

1 Like

I wonder how long boarding groups generally take. “42” means nothing to me :laughing:

So it looks like all BGs were gone in about a minute and BGs 82 and above weren’t guaranteed to get on the ride today. Someone mentioned that they’d gotten there at midnight, but due to “randomized” BGs, they got BG 112, thus are not guaranteed to board. I wonder if it truly is randomized, which would be a crapper.

Also, someone brought up a good point about maybe forgoing the potentially problematic phone route and going to where they give out BGs in person at the park (for people who don’t use cell phones or have the app). Where would one do that???

Actually, that might not be a good idea. Phone is probably better.

This chart from Thrill Data shows the average (black line) time a particular boarding group is called at the WDW edition of Rise of the Resistance. The red line is 1/16 and the blue line is so far today (1/17).

As you can see, BG 42 would normally be called between 10-11am. @Shellott_hill has some charts as well that show a little more detail in the Boarding Group Data thread.

2 Likes

Your analytical skills are unmatched, Jeff. Thanks for this data!

2 Likes

I was at WDW last week and was unable to do my data collection. Give me a day or two to catch up and I will start posting my fancy charts…:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We’ll forgive you just this once! :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Supposedly all Initial BGs were distributed by 8:01am today! MDE started issuing right at 8:00am. Backup BGs (82+) are already gone as well.

Here are some reports of BGs received by Liners:

@BellesRose2K: 43
Bryan (TP): 115
@93111tink: 125 (paper FP machine)

I’ll add more as I find them.

2 Likes

Yeah, some people are elated (the woman who walked in the gates at 7:45am and got boarding group 40) and some are totally pissed (the guy who arrived at 9:30pm yesterday and got 101 because his phone wouldn’t work and he had to get a paper FP, or the guy who arrived hours early and got 110 cuz the app malfunctioned).

1 Like

Thrill Data is reporting that Initial BGs were gone in 2 minutes and Backup BGs were gone in 10 minutes!

https://twitter.com/thrilldata/status/1218204765919858688?s=21

As of 8:41am, someone posted that they haven’t even started boarding anyone on the ride yet. Yikes!!!

I’m not even there and this is slightly stressing me out. I feel like I’m watching a gripping telanovela. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Now boarding groups 12-15.

Opening Day Timeline 1/17/20
Link to OP

12:00am Guests admitted to Toy Story Parking Lot
12:30am Security open
5:45am Turnstiles open; guests held at Main Street
6:30am Mickey & Friends / Pixar Pals parking lots opened
8:00am App starts issuing BGs (12+)
8:02am App starts issuing Backup BGs (82+)
8:10am BG Distribution done for the day
8:55am Ride opens; Accepting BGs 12-14
9:00am Accepting BGs 12-15
9:50am Ride down
10:00am Accepting BGs 12-26
10:40am Ride back up
11:00am Accepting BGs 12-29
12:00pm Accepting BGs 17-37
1:00pm Accepting BGs 27-49
2:00pm Accepting BGs 30-55
2:25pm Ride down
3:00pm Accepting BGs 49-61
3:30pm Ride back up
4:00pm Accepting BGs 56-65
5:00pm Accepting BGs 62-69
6:00pm Accepting BGs 66-80
6:20pm First Backup BG Called (82)
7:00pm Accepting BGs 70-87
7:15pm App sends push notification to certain Backup BGs (including 115) that they will not be called
8:00pm Accepting BGs 89-99
9:00pm Accepting BGs 89-114 (BG Dist done for day)
12:00pm Published Park Closing

3 Likes

That super cool data.

1 Like

I have a college friend who got BG 12, somehow. I will ask him what he did once he gets off the ride (he said he’s “heading over” now at 9:06 PST).

1 Like

Ok, so I think I have my plan for Sunday (if I go at all, cuz, frankly, I’m starting to feel a little dirty about expending so much energy on this).

(1) Leave my house by 6:30am. I should, theoretically get through the turnstiles by 7:45am at the very latest (unless everyone has my plan and is clogging up parking and security).

(2) Get a FP for Toy Story Mania (cuz it’s not like I’ll be in BG 1, if that even exists).

(3) Do not get so attached to riding RoR that I lose my ish if I don’t, because my iPhone 6 + the wildly unpredictable DL app + the randomly assigned BGs are a lot of potential wrenches that could thwart my efforts.

(4a) Ride RoR cuz I got a boarding pass (and temper my expectations because the hype has been overwhelming); OR

(4b) Ride a few other rides, maybe treat myself to a corndog and a beer, get some exercise and some daylight, and head home early to binge watch something.

Yeah, I think that works. :smile:

2 Likes

It is reported by DisneyFoodBlig (AJ Wolfe) that the ride broke down at 9:50am (PST).

Not currently operating

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan! And even if you get one of the first BGs called, you still have 2 hours to report!