RotR Disneyland Edition!

EE = early entry. Officially called Magic Morning on the west coast (similar to Extra Magic Hours at WDW).

I’m not sure what exact time non-EEs were let in, but I know of a large group of friends (10+) that congregated at the flagpole at 8:45a. Supposedly, they all linked APs to get a boarding pass and ended up NOT getting one. I’m curious as to whether me being by myself yesterday helped me get my very early BG (18). And I wonder if large groups are at a disadvantage somehow. Just speculation, but I’m surprised this group of DL experts didn’t get a boarding pass at all since they appeared to be on time.

1 Like

I don’t think it would make a huge difference usually, but a group of 10+ might cause issues for the BG system. The server is probably looking for the first BG with 10+ available spots and this might bump you up a couple of BGs more than you would have otherwise gotten. But I don’t think it would be the difference between getting a BG or not.

I’m assuming they had other issues. If you get online within the first 20 seconds after opening, you should get assigned a BG. On the one hand, that’s not a long time; but if you’re watching the clock and you don’t have major IT issues, it’s plenty.

By the way, not to jinx it, but they are having a very good day at RotR at Disneyland today! Smooth operations from 9am to 4pm. They are already to BG 80 (Backup threshold was 71+). Since they started with BG 1, that’s really 10-15 BGs more on a usual day that starts with 10+, so think BG 90-95. The park closes at 9pm so there are still 6 more hours of operation.

Are you there or do you have tickets or something? How are you getting a button? Just curious to see if I can practice before I actually need to execute. Is the consensus that “my status” is the way to go?

1 Like

I am accessing the app from home. You just have to log in before park opening and the “My Status” and “Join Boarding Group” buttons will be active for you during the brief window when BGs are available. It will just kick you out at the step where you haven’t entered the park yet.

Yes, the consensus is to press “My Status” and it will refresh from the server and allow you to click “Join Boarding Group” faster than just staying on the “Find Out More” screen. Read this post for detailed instructions with screenshots.

1 Like

You are a scholar and a gentleman.

1 Like

That’s kinda what I was imagining as well – the difference between a single sports car trying to merge into full-speed freeway traffic vs. a semi-truck. And, yeah, I’m not sure if they had technical difficulties or if they overestimated the window of opportunity or were waiting on stragglers or what. I mentioned to them how quickly the BGs were getting snapped up, so, who knows. They might not have seen my post.

1 Like

Day 6 Timeline 1/22/20
Link to OP

9:00am Published park opening; App starts issuing BGs (1+, <1 min); starts issuing Backup BGs (71+)
9:10am Ride opens; Accepting BGs 1-4
9:50am App stops issuing BGs
8:05pm Last BG called (90)
9:00pm Published park closing

Red line is 1/22/20. Yellow is presumed downtime.

A great sign - it’s almost 9:30am and the app is still issuing Backup BGs! That’s 30 minutes past park opening! Initial BGs were gone within the first minute, however.

4 Likes

Thank goodness the time is starting to stretch out. We’re going next week, and my 10yo is desperate to ride. Fingers crossed that we get a BG at least one of our four days.

2 Likes

We are going this coming Sunday. It’s our one and only shot for a while. My AP is expiring and I don’t have another trip planned in the foreseeable future. (Yikes! I might go into withdrawal!!!) I am trying to stay calm. There will be three of us and we have the recommended procedure down. But if we don’t get to ride … I will be so bummed. Thanks, @Jeff_AZ for tracking this data and also posting the Liners tips on getting the BG to this forum.

3 Likes

Good luck! It sounds like you have done your homework so I’m sure you will do great!

Day 7 Timeline 1/23/20
Link to OP

8:00am Early Entry
8:20am (Approx) Non-EE guests admitted to Main Street
9:00am Published park opening; App starts issuing BGs (1+, <1 min); starts issuing Backup BGs (80+, <1min)
9:35am Ride opens; Accepting BGs 1-11
8:05pm Last BG called (115)
9:00pm Published park closing

Red line = 1/23/20. Yellow is presumed downtime.

2 Likes

I am very happy to hear that non-early entry folks are being let in early enough to get a boarding group!

1 Like

Good luck Julianne! You’ll do fine! I’m sure you will, but let us know how you do! :smiley:

Good day so far! Up to BG 87 with no discernible downtime in the first 6 hours of operation of the park. Above average pace, even though the park opened an hour later than half the days on record.

3 Likes

Day 8 Timeline 1/24/20
Link to OP

8:00am Published park opening; App starts issuing BGs (<1 min); App starts issuing Backup BGs
8:44am App stops issuing BGs
9:20am Ride opens; Accepting BGs 11-14
X:XXpm Last BG called (X)
12:00am Published park closing

3 Likes

Do we have yesterday’s highest BG?

Thanks for the details!! Yesterday we got 12 and today we get 15! Also, wanted to clarify that you are able to leave Disneyland and enter DCA and still get boarding passes.

My husband and I rope dropped magic morning hours and rode a few rides at Disneyland before heading over to rope drop Radiator Springs Racers and we still got 15!

6 Likes