Rope drop from Cabana Bay

I am trying to figure out the best strategy to rope drop Hagrids on 4th of July weekend. Staying at Cabana Bay and we do not want to walk if we don’t have to.

What time should I be at the bus stop? Do they start running early enough? Thank you

2 Likes

We’ll be at CB then too :wave:t3::smiley:

2 Likes

Busses start running an hour before early opening and they roll literally one right behind the other! No need to walk :+1:

3 Likes

That means they start running at 7am. If I manage to leave at 7, will I get there early enough to be at least mid-pack?

Also - If I carry a small bag (just for my phone and ID), do I still need a locker? At Bush Garden I wasted precious time in the morning renting a locker. I didn’t know the rides there wouldn’t have a place to store loose items.

A fanny pack would be ok.

3 Likes

For Hagrids, any type of bag/purse you will need to use the locker. But like Joe said, a fanny pack is ok just swing to the side. Cargo shorts with closed pockets is fine too. Just no bags. I was the holder of the phones for the family. All in my cargo pockets. You definitely want with you to take great pics in the queue!

6 Likes

Ditto that. Cargo shorts with zipper/velcro pockets come in handy at any theme park for holding phones, wallets, etc.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone. So that means that without cargo shorts or fanny pack, I would have to turn around and rent a locker, or is there a place to store belongings for free at the entrance of the ride?

1 Like

Correct, but the lockers are right there at the queue. The small lockers are free for the duration of the ride. Just scan your ticket and a locker will pop open for you. It would take only 1 minute.

3 Likes

Perfect, thank you.

2 Likes

One other thought. We were just there this week. Be prepared to walk with purpose to the ride. It helped us to watch YouTube videos and look at maps to figure out the shortest walking path for rope drop. It got confusing in Seussland. You can go left in that section and save a little time. But the signs direct you to the right.

5 Likes

Great point!

1 Like

So they don’t walk you back anymore?

1 Like

It’s possible that they do? We were always about 15th in line for scanning our tickets (3 days in a row). If they walked folks back we may have been too far back to see it.

There was a secondary checkpoint to check hotel room keys for EE right before Seussland.

3 Likes

We’ve only done Hagrid’s once in Aug 2019 and EE was only at US that time so this is a bit different. We were held at Seuss Landings then too, but after that you were walked back and other pathways were blocked off so you could only follow them.

I’ve posted this in other places. This sling bag is the exact size for the small free lockers. It’s got a good amount of room while being smell.

I can carry my Coke Freestyle, back-up phone batteries, earbuds, sunblock and f few other small items. It’s all I use any more. I don’t need to “go on safari” and bring everything!

This makes the day easier and you’ll never pay for a locker

Amazon.com : Waterfly Crossbody Sling Backpack Sling Bag Travel Hiking Chest Bags Daypack (Teal blue) : Sports & Outdoors

I’ve been one of the first at Hagrid’s a couple times this year. I’ve never been walked back. After they barely glance at your room key in Seuss Landing, to verify you for EPA, you won’t see another TM until you get to the entrance to where the RD queue starts. There’s typically a couple TM’s waving people in / directing them as the queue will start closer to HE / Lost Continent than inside Hogsmeade.

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s helpful. When we were there last the queue went all over the empty Sinbad theatre on the way to the ride!

Just there in April and there is only one way to walk, follow the crowd, they wound us all the way through Seuss and the lost continent and through a free standing queue, leading all the way to the ride/ splitting off in one direction with a crew member for velocicoaster

3 Likes

You’ve just answered a question I didn’t think to ask.
So it’s one mass of people being led in together and then it splits at certain point. Is that right? Is it quite obvious which way to go for each ride?
I assume stay left for VC and right for Hagrid’s?

2 Likes

There are crew members standing at the cross roads areas directing you, and there is no way to do it wrong. everyone is walking at a decent speed but not exactly running, just walking with a purpose, we didn’t see anyone flying by other guests and it was very orderly.

3 Likes