Room finder for DLR?

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

OK so further review of flight schedules and such, and the contribution of an endorsement of this car service by @Amy11Russ via @Bubblez, we will do BOS—>LAX and back. This affords my (not a great flyer) DH the option of nonstop flights too.

Thank you!

4 Likes

I think you’ll be happy with the car service from LAX. You can easily get an Uber from the hotel back to LAX depending on your departure flight time.
Excited to follow along with your trip planning :slight_smile:
You reserve the car service at booking. Your drive will text you the day before with their number and name. Then you don’t pay for the service until they drop you off. You can use the card on file or pay with cash.

4 Likes

Yes, I enjoyed being able to see the Halloween version of world of color (Villainous) from the balcony actually.

3 Likes

@OBNurseNH here’s one more shot of our view from DH phone. I’d you looked far enough right you could see incredicoaster. We could also see people walking in the park.

5 Likes

I will say that I’ve stayed in a room with a view similar to this and for us it was loud. The kids screaming on that particular attraction (Goofy’s Sky School) was a lot for us, even with the door closed. It made napping interesting.

1 Like

Sorry for the fuzzy pictures. This was a pool/park view. It was right behind the Redwood Creek challenge trail. The second room view was a park view and we were kinda behind Goofy Sky school. We had the pleasure of hearing the Elena mini parade every day several times a day :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

The club level service was amazing and worth it when WoC was happening. DVC members also have access to the 6th floor viewing area

4 Likes

What floor were you on? 4th? I think the fire works pic was in the same area as you, except 2 or 3 floor and across the hall. Maybe 227? The rest of my family was in 208? We could see grizzly peak and the monorail from their room but not in the park.

3 Likes

I actually prefer those rooms than the ones that overlook the park. Quieter and prettier IMO. But that’s just my two cents.

2 Likes

We were on floor 5- 5438

1 Like

Ours was not too noisy, but the monorail was not running. We could hear park noise from grizzly river run clearly and faintly we could hear GotG.
I loved it, but I was just in awe of everything so I have no complaints.
I also love chip and dale in all the room decor.
AND the little bathroom stool with Mickey carved in it. George loved that. He kept going to “Mickeys stool” over and over.

5 Likes

I do love the theming too! So good!!

I also love how much you guys enjoyed your trip!! So fun to see it for the first time in someone else’s eyes. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Just booked a trip to Disneyland for November. Only been once in 2017. I need those tips and tricks!
I booked Disneyland Hotel even though I wanted GC.

5 Likes

DLH is also very nice, and one of my favorite “fancy date spots” in my early 20’s. Meaning I lived up the street and DLH was very romantic to walk around, back before Downton Disney was built! I realize how bad it sounded after I typed it out! They had a few nice bars and a cute ice skating rink which was a novelty for this Southern California native!

Anyway! I think you’ll have a great time! And you can use the Monorail to get inside Disneyland!

I’m usually there at the parks the first part of November. We love it at that time. Happy to share whatever we can!

3 Likes

Don’t they still have the ice skating rink at Christmastime? DD enjoyed it very much several years ago.

1 Like

Yes! I meant it was a novelty to me in my late teens/early 20’s, having grown up in the poorer parts of Riverside County.

1 Like

Sadly they haven’t had the ice rink for the last few years. It was also a favorite of ours.

1 Like

I have always want to live just down the street! :heart: Loved that right over on Walnut Dr there are apartments and houses

1 Like

My very first apartment on my own (with 3 roommates) was off of Ball Rd, just 3 blocks from Disneyland. Once in a while, I wish I had my head on better back then. A little more focus on work, and A LOT LESS focus on trying to find a husband. I might have ended up much further up in the company than I did. I’m happy where I am. But I wasted an amazing opportunity.

2 Likes