Room finder for DLR?

I’m considering DTD view. The other views are “this or that” view guarantees. And Premium is either Theme Park (yay!) or Pool view (um, 'scuze me? at that price?)

5 Likes

Also, funny story when I met DH I had booked a Disney Cruise with the kiddos and me as I had been recently divorced and needed a new fun thing to look forward to. As I kept dating future DH it got more serious and I was supposed to go on the cruise with the kiddos about the time our relationship becamse pretty serious and we were ready to travel together. The ship was full and we couldn’t add future DH to the cruise so I cancelled and lost my deposit and we went to Disneyland instead. One of the best times of my life. We travelled well together and the rest is history. :wink: Cancelling cruises for Disneyland is A-OK in my book!

6 Likes

If you call you can specify which you want…but yes when you book online it says one or the other. I know this because my last trip I had booked one night full price at almost $700 a night and then the weekend nights on a sale. I called to combine the reservations. One of my bookings had been put in pool view and the other park view but the lovely Disney CM was able to put them both on Park View and I was able to keep my room across bookings and save like $500.

5 Likes

We did four days and would have/should have made 5 days but my teen sons were done. :rage:
I should have added day 5 ($10 per ticket) before we left on day 4.

It’s just so wonderful and fun. And Pixar Place wasn’t even open (WoC either) when we were there.

Do 4-5 IMO. :heart:

4 Likes

3 days is enough with a daily touring plan and a strict schedule. 4 days will allow for more relaxed touring including midday breaks and Downtown Disney time. If you can swing it, I highly recommend the 4th day.

3 Likes

We had a premium park view of DCA and it was nice, but I’m not entirely sure if it was worth the extra. My DH always pays more for a view, whereas I don’t care as much.
For a fireworks view, you don’t want the park view of DCA. We couldn’t see fireworks at all from our room bc we were on the wrong side of the building.
As far as the 4am view, I wandered around the hotel so the room view didn’t matter.
I would definitely choose GCH again over either of the other two hotels. That location cannot be best.

5 Likes

Yes, pick the DTD view. I think you’ll like it more.
3 days is definitely enough with the ages of your children (more resilient than my littles).
You will LOVE it.

3 Likes

My kids aren’t invited. It’s our 20th Anniversary.

6 Likes

Yay!! Congratulations. I haven’t caught up on all the posts. Yes 3 days will be perfect then!

2 Likes

With just the two adults, 3 days will be dreamy! I am always a huge advocate of a 4th to have midday breaks. It’s the minimum I tell parents with kids to for their first time and usually with just adults I say 2 days is fine for go go go touring, 3 is better to do everything and if they like to take their time, 4 is best. That extra day will allow you to especially indulge in the all the lounge and restaurant spaces plus still see all the stuff to do.

As for a view, if you won’t be in the room while the park is operating, agree don’t spend for the upgraded view, and the DTD view will get you fireworks views, but again, if you won’t be in the room when fireworks go off (usually 9:30) then again, it’s an extra cost that could go towards more meals, lounge snacks, or experiences.

3 Likes

I think we’ll do the DTD view just to be safe. And even if not just for fireworks view, something nice to look at. Mostly the park views that I’ve seen posted here are not especially impressive and if I paid that kind of money to see the ugly side of a rollercoaster I would be one unhappy customer.

2 Likes

Totally understandable! The theme park views at Paradise Pier are actually much more impressive because that hotel has the height to get a proper view. The GCH is much more of a sprawled hotel with less floors so yes, the views end up being a totally different vantage point, but you literally have the park right out your window which is pretty cool too!

3 Likes

If it hasn’t been mentioned (still catching up on posts) If you do LAX, do the executive car service that @Bubblez recommended for my trip. It was :100: worth it not to have to fight for an Uber at LAX. Our driver met us at our terminal rather than having to go to LAXit for an Uber.

3 Likes

If you would please share the name of it that would be fantastic. We will not be getting a rental because all the reasons and it’s not even necessary there. So we would encounter that question soon enough.

Also, if you have photos of the view from your room and would be comfortable sharing the room number that would be awesome. I’ll bookmark :slight_smile:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Actually @Amy11Russ I saw the room pics in your thread!

3 Likes

Room 5438
This was a premium park view. We could see the monorail (wasn’t running) guardians of the galaxy, grizzly peak, and we could hear when they turned the water on for grizzly river run in the morning (we ate all our meals on the balcony).
No fireworks view from here, so if that’s your thing then pick a DTD view.
From our room, we went down 2 halls to get to the elevator. Then from
The elevator we were probably 30 steps to the security entrance to DCA.
I have a map- I’ll find it if I can and show you.

3 Likes

Oh man. See that’s pretty good! But if we got

I’d be disappointed, no offense to @gingerSnaps543222

What a roll of the dice!

2 Likes

That view would actually be awesome if World of Color was running. And I’d probably be happy with it regardless if I didn’t pay for it. But for the price, I’d stick with DD or standard view.

6 Likes

Maps from this week they gave us at check in- there are room numbers on here

3 Likes