Room finder for DLR?

Wondering if TP has a room view/room finder for DLR. We are thinking of trashing our Disney Cruise in favor of DLR because the cruises are still so uncertain. In fact, all of them have been cancelled until just 2 weeks prior to our sail date, and with a failed mock cruise last week I’m just waiting for the announcement that our dates are cancelled too.

I’m thinking of just going big and booking the Grand Californian, but am wondering if the partial view rooms really offer a good view or if I should just go all the way to the top and book the highest category to ensure the best view.

Does TP do a room request for DLR??

6 Likes

Welcome to the West!

Do it! I’m not sure about the partial room views as I’ve never stayed myself and there’s not much in the way of room finder resources on this side (we’re just so much smaller in every way than the East Coast). And unfortunately, that includes no TP room request for DLR- at least that I have ever seen and I just went and searched all over their hotel information to see if it was a hidden link somewhere.

4 Likes

Yes for GCH!! Do the DVC Villas if you can! One trip I sat in the huge bath tub taking a bubble bath and looking into the park from one of our rooms! :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes: We had a better view from the one room suite vs the 2 room for some reason. Our regular room had a view of the parking lot :roll_eyes::pensive: no bueno :rofl:

4 Likes

View from the front. Definitely do not want a room facing this way

3 Likes

I would love to hear your reaction to our little park!!! Here are some of the views we have had…

This was our view overlooking DTD. It gave us a great view of the DL fireworks from our room. I cannot find the other views we had at DCA tho :thinking:

8 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I’m kinda SUPER excited if this happens!

@Ms.BarbsWildRide Wow! That first picture is everything! Man, I can’t wait to go back.

3 Likes

Unfortunately we don’t have all the tools on the west coast. But as a general rule, if you get the best room category, you will have the best views. If you get a lower room category, you will probably have a view of trees, courtyards, parking lots, etc. The garden views are nice but not spectacular. If you’re lucky you might be able to see the monorail (which passes through the resort) as well.

Personally I wouldn’t pay extra for a view since it’s just so darn expensive to begin with! I’ve never been particularly bothered by a standard view - they’re pleasant enough, but it’s more about being close to the parks. But if a view of the parks is important for you, go for the gold.

2 Likes

This falls in line with our view too. There’s just SO much to do, and everything is so close, we found it silly paying for a view we were only ever asleep for. It may be different for an East Coaster who is up walking around at 4:30am though. Just ask @Amy11Russ.

We enjoyed taking that extra money and putting it towards tours or a special dinner at Bayou.

I will say that if you do go, you have a lot of friends who have plenty of tips and tricks to share.

3 Likes

I have never paid extra for the view. DTD view was a pixie dust upgrade. The exception was when the kids were little we would always stay PPH and get the park view so we could watch WoC from our room in our pjs.

3 Likes

Three days is enough for park admission? Trying to decide how many nights to stay and how many days we will want to be in the parks.

2 Likes

For a first timer, 3 full days would be good, more if you want to take it slow. If you have a travel day when you’d be at the parks, I wouldn’t count that toward your 3 days unless you don’t mind missing some things.

2 Likes

Currently looking at either 4nts 5 days w/ 3d hoppers or 3nts 4days with 3day hoppers. Would you recommend upgrading to a 4 day hopper ticket if we did the 4nts? Flights would have us to Burbank by 1130 Pacific (1430 eastern), and I would imagine we could begin touring by 1330 Pacific (1630 eastern) at the outside. I want to make sure we can hit everything as it’s unlikely we’ll get back there as often as WDW, and I want to have time for DTD as well.

I guess, give me your ideal scenario for a first timer. Number of nights, number of days of admission, and basic touring pattern

Edited: looks like burbank to mht is not a thing on our depart day, would have to do lax – so should we just fly to lax to start with?

3 Likes

I would do the 4th day if you’re not coming back. Having noon to night is plenty to make it worth it.

1 Like

Ack to LAX!! Try John Wayne.

3 Likes

Just priced out difference and yeah it makes sense to just add the fourth day for the short money

5 Likes

LA traffic is real and not anything I’d wish on a first timer unless it’s a late night arrival.

3 Likes

I’m guessing LAX will be your only reasonable option, unfortunately. It’s not great, but it’s a necessary evil. Just plan for 90 minutes if it’s during business hours / rush hour.

3 Likes

You can do it all in 3 with the hopper, but to slow down and take in the details I agree with the 4 hop.

People have favorites they prefer, and hopping gives them the ability to hit headliners in one and end the night “wandering” their favorites.

I was in the minority of DCA being my favorite, but alcohol is allowed and the crowds were lighter (pre Marvel).

5 Likes

At a minimum 2 full days for DL and 1 full day for DCA. If you want to take more breaks, etc. I’d do 4-5 days tickets. I’ve done that and you won’t feel like there isn’t enough to do but I’ve also been able to do everything I wanted in 3 days as well.

2 Likes

In regards to room I’ve always been upgraded when politely asking to a pool view even when I paid standard but I didn’t go during July 4 or Christmas for those stays. Last time all that was left was pool and park view so i opted for park. I was right behind goofy sky coaster but it was quiet with the door shut and I could watch a distorted view of the water show from my room. I thought that was pretty neat.

5 Likes