Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

I think when I originally booked my trip they were 9 and now have crept back to 7 almost every day of the trip. Probably be a while before it gets to 9?? And then it will be summer…

Good luck! Can’t wait to hear about your experiences.

Yeah really pissed me Off. as what day at what park was all planned round the opening times. But now ive got good fast passes i cant change

I’m curious.

So, let’s say we manage to miraculously get everyone up and to the parks ahead of opening, and all our practicing for Who Wants To Be a Millionaire fastest finger pays off and we end up with a BG. Then, we show up in our boarding window. What is the average wait time from the time you get in line to actual “first experience” (since it is in stages)?

4 Likes

Yesterday I was first BG called, so there was no wait. Mwahaha. I’ve got BG 53 today and plan to go there in about an hour. I’ll let you know

Boarding%20Group%20Chart%2020200109

13 Likes

Thank you @SteveBloom for continuing this thread. It is incredibly valuable

5 Likes

I was just coming here to say the same thing! I really appreciate you continuing to provide the data on a daily basis Steve! I’ve kept this open on my computer every day as my trip draws closer and closer. This data allows me to be as prepared as I can be (now, let’s just hope Disney is prepared)

3 Likes

Ditto.

I’m glad he’s continuing this, particularly now that we’re hitting post-Christmas/New Year’s crowds. Yesterday is the first HS day that is more in line with the CLs I expect to see…although, interestingly, the time to grab a BG was no different. :confused:

3 Likes

I’ll second this. I consider myself a very experience Disney trip planner and the whole boarding group process has had me nervous. All the work @SteveBloom & @Jeff-AZ have done is incredibly helpful (and thanks to all the folks to have given detailed reports. I hope to do my part next week).

Thank you!

5 Likes

Very interesting that no BBG were called yesterday and the ride closed at 8:26 pm. Makes me curious as to what the ride downtime was yesterday.

This is the data for 1/6/2020. I broke the day into 15-minute segments. Each row is a BG. If the return window is greater than 130 minutes the cell of the return window has a zero. Ones are used for the return windows ~2 hour. The green times are times of good operations. Other times are potential times of problems. It looks like 2 break downs. One before 9:30, and another between 1:15 and 2:15.

This is making some assumptions I’m not 100% comfortable with.

2 Likes

Boarding groups were loading slower on 1/8.My logic to identify break downs ob 1/6 does not seem to work on 1/8.

1 Like

So you have the spoiler that there’s more than one experience…

From the resistance in line to the “first experience”, it was between 30-35 minutes both times. Then we queued another 10-15 minutes to the next part.

1 Like

Yeah the 2nd part (hallway) varies greatly. First time was super long, then it was basically walk through, then it was somewhere in between for the 3rd go.

Both times, it was super long for us, 10-15 minutes. That second queue seemed to crawl.

1 Like

Appears to be a small trend from BGs 50-75 for 1/6 and 1/8.

First time through it was like 30-40 minutes for the one side, the other side was moving much faster (I don’t know or understand why the difference. We were all going to the same place).

1 Like

I thought it was just us! Both times, one side moved much faster! The first time, the left side moved faster. The second time, the right side moved faster.

1 Like

Nice to see distribution of BGs lasting longer now that crowds are not at such insane levels.