Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

@SteveBloom Another thank you!

Disney’s goal is less than an hour. It seems like most people are waiting 30-45 minutes before the briefing room.

1 Like

Is today going to be a repeat of 1/8? Will a late open indicate less boarding groups being called?
Boarding%20Group%20Chart%2020200110

7 Likes

The app today says Backups start at 106, not 120. And I want to just join the others in thanking you for doing this each day.

1 Like

Paging @MouseGirl42 might want to see this for your expectations of today

1 Like

It was not fully open earlier today. The first ride experience was bypassed completely. It kind of took me completely out of the story.

I am pretty sure that was the reason behind the delayed opening this morning.

Thank you continuing to collect this data!

Now that holiday crowds have died down a bit, have there been any reports of people who were in the park at 7am but didn’t manage to get a regular BG?

Or has everyone in the park at 7am been able to get a regular BG in the 7-15 minutes after open?

Was the “first ride experience” the transport ship?

Thank you! Expectation management is a wonderful thing!

Yes sir. If I put my engineering hat on, it is most likely the mechanism that spins the ship 180 for your exit.

Hello all,

Brand new to the site and this thread is already paying for itself. We are heading to Disney the week of MLK and planning to do Hollywood on the 22nd. I’ve heard a variety of reports about what the park opening time means. Right now it’s posted at 7am, but I’ve heard they have been opening the doors earlier than that. If they do open the doors at let’s say 6:30am, does the boarding pass reservation open at 6:30 or will it still be 7? Basically, I’m trying to figure out what time I need to make sure we are at the park to give us the best shot at riding Resistance. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We are doing HS the exact same day! From what I understand here they typically let people in before opening (6:30 or so) but the BG frenzy is not started until park opening. (7 AM)

1 Like

Correct

Yes…ran through the procedure this morning. As long as you are scanned into the park a couple of minutes before 7 (cast members say around 5 minutes to make sure you are confirmed to be in the park by the computers) then you prepare the app to grab a boarding group. If you are in no rush to any other rides at rope drop, find a spot with good cell or wifi signal to camp out.

1 Like

So, upcoming editions of Unofficial Guide to WDW are now going to have to include prime wifi spots in DHS?

5 Likes

We only used Verizon LTE last month in the parks.

I was in DHS yesterday 1/9 and I turned off WiFi and used cellular data. I got BG 14 when some people near me who used wifi got in the 80s. But then I have T-Mobile. I was right by the frozen sing along entrance.

2 Likes

We were there on 1/4 and 1/8. We were in different spots each day but were in the pack for Toy Story. We turned off WiFi and used my status right when it switched to 7:00. We got boarding group 17 on 1/4 and boarding group 11 on 1/8.

2 Likes

Nice tip about wifi vs cellular

We used AT&T data with no problems to get BG. Once by Star Tours, once just inside tapstiles.