Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Boarding%20Group%20Chart%2020200111

7 Likes

Is there a way on this chart to see how many backup groups were not called ? Do the backup groups go to a specific # each day ?

1 Like

There is not but on certain days you can infer that they called all BBGs. For example, 1/7 RotR started calling BBGs (114+) at 2:44pm (fairly early in the afternoon) and the park closed at 8pm but they called the last BBG (163) at 7pm. So one can infer they issued about 50 BBGs that day. But that hasn’t been consistent - at least once they got above 190.

Also if you watch Twitter and chat (as I did for a couple of weeks when the ride first opened), some days you can see someone claim to get a certain BBG right around the time they stopped issuing them. But it’s tough to do that consistently. Unfortunately you can only know what number they are issuing at a given time if you are in the park and are able to proceed in MDE all the way to the step of having one issued.

Jeff thanks one question …“So one can infer they issued about 50 BBGs that day.” thats how many they got to correct ? they could have issued a lot more no ? Sorry if i’m not getting it …

They could have. But I’m just inferring based on the fact that they stopped calling new BBGs an hour before the park closed. Admittedly, the ride could have broken down or they could have wanted to leave a buffer for people who are called to get to the ride. But at least on other days recently, they have stopped calling BBGs much closer or even after park closing, according to the “ride close” column.

Disney doesn’t publish any of the information @Jeff_AZ started or @SteveBloom is doing in this thread. They gather that info from different places.

I tapped into HS on 12/18 around 8:45 and got. BBG 119. BBG closed around 9 am. The last BBG called that day was 126. One can infer from that information that Disney most likely issued 126 BBGs that day.

Nobody knows for sure how many BBG s are issued each day or when they will stop issuing.

1 Like

Any thoughts on how to navigate the marathon road closures tomorrow morning? Under, Lyft, Minnie Van?

Would hate to get stuck with a driver that is unaware of the detours.

the driver will not need to be aware – s/he will be directed. They key is to build in time. , because the big access routes will be closed to cars. There are the Disney back ways, but they are one lane each way generally instead of the awesome multi-lane approach to MK, so there will be back ups.

1 Like

FWIW, we rode the bus from Beach Club to MK this morning about 8am. The driver warned us due to half marathon he’d have to take us to T&TC to catch monorail/ferry instead of the normal bus drop off at the gate. But, part way there we heard the all clear come over the radio to resume gate drop offs, which he did. I’m thinking Minnie Vans will be getting those kind of constant route updates, but normal Lyft/Uber would not.

2 Likes

Don’t know.

Minnie Van’s, since driven by Disney CM’s, do have ‘back road’ access, which includes utility roads not open to the public. If you want the safest bet on a short ride, book a Minnie Van.

1 Like

Ended up taking uber…a creature of habit. Got a driver who claims to be one of the longest running drivers for uber on this area…something like 3000 ride shares.

For BG 20 today. Hopefully the full experience is working.

Full experience is working! It is so much better with everything running. Ask the Resistance members at the entrance if the experience is fully functional before you scan in.

4 Likes

As of 10:25 Backup Boarding Groups are still being distributed today.
Boarding%20Group%20Chart%2020200112

4 Likes

At about what time was that – that gate drop off’s were resuming?

Around 8:20am probably? We arrived almost exactly on time for our 8:40am BOG breakfast.

Thanks and glad to hear you made it!

1 Like

@SteveBloom thank you again sir, this information is priceless.

We will be there on 1/23 and planning on rope dropping TSM (Have early morning FPP to SDD). So we can finish the TSL early. Any idea how long it is taking to get in the park in the morning? We figured the crowds for rope drop to TSM should small but want to make sure that we get a BG.

I ask because even with the much lower CL, the BG are still going within 5-20 min. Implying that the overall CL is lower but everyone is getting there early.

Some people have reported showing up basically right before park opening and getting right in with little to no wait. But to be safe I’d recommend arriving 30-60 min early to guarantee you are in the park, stationed for RD, and ready to snag a BG in MDE. They open the gates about 30 min before MDE starts issuing BGs at official park opening time.

1 Like

Boarding%20Group%20Chart%2020200113

10 Likes

@SteveBloom, Thanks for the updated information. Just curious, has there been any noticeable statistical change in wait times of other attractions at HS or the other parks since the addition of the Rise of the Resistance?