Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Not really. Peak wait times are occuring earlier at HS since more people are arriving at park opening. Over all WDW wait times do not seemed to be affected by RotR opening.

2 Likes

If you ignore the Christmas/News Years crowd time period, overall CLs for HS have actually gone DOWN, not up, most of the time.

Normal BG Close is trending in a positive direction! Feeling a lot less stressed for my upcoming visit. Thanks @SteveBloom for keeping us all updated!

7 Likes

I am so surprised by today’s normal close time. I had some app trouble and when I got a boarding group at 7:03 it was already #95. I expected to see a much earlier close time. Plus at 8:45 when my bro and SIL arrived they were in BBG 161…so I was expecting that close time to be earlier as well. There must be a steep drop off in signups after the initial burst. It is odd not knowing BG sizes. (unfortunately BBG stopped at 159 today. The ride was down for a bit. On a positive-ish note, we got a message fairly early in the day letting us know they wouldn’t be called)

2 Likes

Boarding%20Group%20Chart%2020200114

8 Likes

Thank you for all this data - we are feeling well-prepared for our DHS day tomorrow!

Well that’s an interesting data point as well…arriving at 8:45 and almost got a BBG that got called before the end of the day. I’m assuming that arriving just slightly earlier would have gotten a BBG that did get called.

I’m really enjoying all this data. I realize that crowd fluctuations, time fluctuations and ride closure may affect this, but is there a thread for how much time people are waiting in line once they go to the attraction?

I really wish Disney published what BG is being issued at a given time in the morning. That way data bots could determine what time the last BG called each day was issued. I suspect it averages around 8:30am lately.

2 Likes

Disney’s goal is less than 1 hour. The typical wait is 30-45 minutes before the first pre-show

1 Like

ok that is a good starting point. I’d hate to get to a boarding group to find out its a two hour wait. Yes, I know, I know, its a new ride blah blah, but at 6 years old, I don’t want to here “are we there yet” 80 billion times. A 45-1 hr wait seems manageable…

Let me just clarify,
I’m not 6, my daughter is :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I mean, at WDW we are all 6 years old. :grinning:

5 Likes

There are a lot of things to look at in the queue to keep even the most childish adult busy. :slight_smile:

Just experienced RotR 4 of the last 5 days. 1/13 was the longest wait I had. This was due to ride delays and having reservations elsewhere for about 4 hours when my BG was called. Once I returned, they were trying to recover from another shutdown and calling a large number of BG at once. This caused the full queue to be used. It took about 1.5 hours for this day.

I would try to make your BG in the two hour window, but it is a loose guideline during these turbulent times. You are able to return at anytime throughout the day. I verified with a citizen of Batuu.

3 Likes

And it seems they try not to issue too many BBG, i.e. they try to approximate their “best possible” day but not more than that, right?

1 Like

Do I understand this correctly?! Once your BG is called you can return at any time throughout the rest of the day? Knowing this would allow you to put some actual plans together for HS. Show up early and get the earliest BG you can, then set some time aside in the afternoon in your TP to return to RotR. No contingency planning needed!

I did my TP as if their was no RotR in it. The window is typically large enough that you can make it work in the 2 hours.

However, as what happened to me yesterday, the delays with the ride pushed me into an area where I could not make the two hour window. So I spoke to a Batuu resident at the entrance to the ride and explained my circumstance. They said I should keep my other plans and come back later when finished (outside the 2 hour window).

So that is a long way to say you could most likely come back later in the day. I just would not abuse that if you can make the 2 hours.

My thoughts are that if the ride goes down at all on your day, come back at anytime after your BG is called. However, be aware that the ride could breakdown later Iin the day and you may not get to ride.

Does that make sense?

3 Likes

Perfectly! Thank you! It definitely relieves some of the stress knowing there is flexibility built into the system.

1 Like

I completely understand. I was following these forums from early december winding myself up. I was on the edge my first day grabbing a BG. After that, I realized I was all worked up for nothing.

You got this…it really does not make that big of a difference in how you tour. Just, as always recommended, be flexible. But most of all, enjoy the best theme park ride built.to date!!!

4 Likes

After all this reading and preparation, I’m finally doing HS/GE tomorrow. Planning on a 6 am arrival for 7 AM park open. Hoping for good luck, good times.

5 Likes