Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Sure. It was posted here:

It links off to another site where someone reported their findings using a debugger to see server calls happening during the Boarding Group joining process. Interesting findings that explain some of the problems people have seen. Also gives tips on how to avoid those problems.

2 Likes

We got BG 13 on 3/10, which was the 4th of the day. We had four people trying. Two on wi-fi with iPhone 11s and two on mobile data (TMobile) on iPhone 6s.

We got in the park at 7:30. We each powered off and then on our phones. We set up right near Jedi Training sign-ups. There were not very many people in that area at all. We did not open any apps until 7:59, at which time we opened up MDE.

The plan was to stay on the main page until 3 seconds after 8. At two seconds after 8 my DS9 said “oops I hit it too early.” Which was then followed by her saying “I got it!!” She was on cellular data and an iPhone 6 and got us BG 13. Me and my DS12 were right behind her.

6 Likes

Great! Not sure where the ‘3 second rule’ has come from but I found just counting ‘And’ in my head at the turn of 8:00 was sufficient time to have the join button orange when the page loaded. I did that twice and got BG 2 and BG3 the second time. Anyway, good result :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you all for posting your advice, experience, and the BG data. We head to DisneyWorld in a week and I finally was up at 5am PST to do a “test run”. :smiley: I got the orange button join a boarding group and was able to click through until it realized I wasn’t in the park. :sparkler::tada: I can’t wait to see today’s data and compare to my experience time-wise. Boarding groups were gone in a minute but BBG seemed to be available until after 8:30am EST (orange button still lit up even with app refresh).

I use my Apple Watch to keep track of the seconds. It’s synced with time.gov

@len reported on the Disney Dish podcast a few weeks ago that he did a test of signal strength at various areas in HS and that the crossroads area had the best signal strength/speed.

2 Likes

Just experienced RotR this AM! It was amazing! DS got BG 4 with an iPhone 7 using Verizon cellular at the crossroads. His was the oldest of our phones but he was “quickest on the sticks”. I felt so sorry for the people who were struggling. Thanks everyone in this thread who helped with advice! You are wonderful!

7 Likes

Congratulations! So glad you were successful. It’s a wonderful feeling when you get that low group assignment. Still feels great this morning after our success yesterday.

2 Likes

Yes. Thanks to everyone who have shared their success stories. And their failures. It does help me understand the process. I’m still a bit panicked about it, really. But I hope I can at least understand all the steps. I need to practice, I guess. And become more familiar with the app, and my phone.

3 Likes

I think you reposted the same chart from yesterday.

What are the odds that when DisneyWorld closes, they’ll use that time to get this ride running reliably?

*trying to see the bright side in our Spring Break trip getting cancelled

1 Like

4 Likes

Using a new att iPhone at the crossroads. Full bars. Turned off WiFi. I got BG4.

Below were the steps I followed exactly ( not that it matters much for other near term travelers as parks will be closing soon I imagine).

For an 8:00 opening:
7:30 - Get into park; get situated with what ride you want to do first
7:35-7:40ish - Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off; swipe any and all open programs closed; turn off phone so it has time to do a full shut down refresh [note/edit- you don’t have to keep the phone off a full twenty minutes, that’s just what I tend to do, I’ve had the same results with it off 5-10 minutes]
7:55 - Turn phone back on but don’t click on anything, apps or otherwise
7:57:30 - Open Disney app so it has a moment to do its initial load, but don’t click anything in the app yet
8:00:00 on the dot - Click “Find Out More” (I watch the seconds tick up on my watch with the app open on my phone in the other hand ready to click as close to that instant as possible without being before 8:00:00)

• if “join group” is available on that next screen, click it and select your party, it’s been about 50/50 for me whether it’s been available immediately
  • if “join group” is not available, immediately click “Check Status” and “Join Boarding Group” should be available on the next screen
    8:01 - Profit!! :wink:

Hope this helps!

6 Likes

fixed

Our hs day was Thursday March 12th. We left Sheraton vistana villas at 6:35. Drove to hs, parked and had a bag checked and then waited at far right entrance for 10 minutes. About 7 they started scanning people in. We went to rd mfsr. Got in line with the mob there about 7:15.

Opened mde at 7:57 on wife’s Samsung a20 on Disney wifi. Opened on my Samsung a20 on t-mobile data at 7:58. On my phone at 8:00:03 hit find out more. Join boarding group was lit and got bg17. Yippee! Didn’t even try on wife’s, hers was more for backup. Just about everyone around us got a bg.

Went on mfsr, and was off by 8:40. Dilly dallied around swge for 20 minutes. Then went to tsm, and was about 20 minute wait. Got off, and noticed we got called for rotr, said return by 10:23. Went to rotr with 1 son. Wife and other son didn’t want to, originally they said they would go (they don’t get into star wars). Got halfway through, and broke down. They gave us anytime fp that were good for anything, including rotr.

Cm said when you see the boarding group #'s going up, it’s back operating. I asked about if it’s not up by 10:23, and cm said you could return anytime. Around 10:40 used wife’s and non star wars sons card into rotr. Walked right on, and was off by 11:15.

Me and star wars son did anytime fp for mmr. We then all left the park at 11:45. Returned at 3:00 for tot fp, 4:00 tsm fp, and 5:00 rnrc. Those were the only times we could get at 30 day window. I tried the fp drops, but there was nothing. Ate dinner and kept checking fp. Then a sdd for 2 opened for 6:45 and snagged it. Thank you to whoever dropped it.

Did fp sdd and then did st twice, then went to fantasmic. Me and star wars son got up at 8:50, and hightailed it to Chinese theater for star wars. Watched that (excellent!) Wife and non star wars son watched all of fantasmic. They then followed everyone out. They wouldn’t let them back in, said park was closed. That’s why I left fantasmic early, I had to see the star wars show.

So it was a great day! Got all the headliners in, and even got to do rotr 1 1/2 times. Wasn’t really planning on sdd or mmrr, but sometimes the stars align. We didn’t wait more than 20 minutes for anything, and even left the park for 3 hours. At dinner, we heard rumblings that Disneyland was shutting down, and wdw would probably follow suit.

I feel terrible for everyone that has to cancel their trips. I hope they get this coronavirus figured out quickly. Thank you everyone for all the great info that helped us snag a bg. It was very helpful. I only practiced twice beforehand, so even a novice can handle it.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Wow…looks like everyone is getting their last rides in before they shutdown the parks for the month!

1 Like

6 Likes

Hi guys! Probably my entrance is out of date, but now that I am at home after all closures and back home craziness, I can share with you my experience.
I was in the park on Feb 26th, the day Disney mixed up people in and out the park giving all of them BGs… Following all the instructions here I was successful and group 41, before 8.01 AM. I am really grateful to all of you for your help.
When our group was called, we went and happily the attraction and did every step until the place where they order people to enter the vehicles. We stayed there for 15 minutes at least and saw Disney staff entering and exiting doors with very serious faces like they were having a lot of trouble. Finally, they said we have to exit the attraction and come back later. The gave us an open FP for RoR and come back later and ride the whole attraction. It was awesome!!!

3 Likes