Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Fingers crossed for you! The line behind us was really long… :blush:

1 Like

We are going on Wednesday morning. How did today go? Was trying to monitor until early afternoon and then lost track?

I think they stopped at 90 today.

Wow! All BG and BBG gone by 8:01! Spring break is in full swing.

We had a successful RoTR day today. We took an Uber from our hotel around 6:30 and arrived at 6:50. They opened the park at 7:00. We went to MMRR and the line started moving to go inside at 7:50. We were about 30 mins away from the front. We got BBG 76 while the line was moving. Both of our phones glitched during the process. One had a “sorry something went wrong” and the other had the circle of death. We were off of MMRR before 8:30. Went to Ogas reservation. Went to AK for an Everest FP. Went to Satuli canteen. Did FoP (2 hour wait). Bus to Epcot. Spaceship earth FP. Turtle Talk. Soarin FP. Butterfly house. Walked to Beach Club. Cape May cafe 5:30 reservation. BG called 10 mins after being seated. I thought we had a 2 hour window but they only gave us an hour! Meal was stressed and rushed to try to finish to make the BG. Uber to HS. Checked in for rise about 15 mins late. Scanned fine. Ride was awesome. Wait was about 35 min. Off by 7:45. Blue milk in GE. ToT finale. 25,000 steps.

Edit: I got all FPP day of. I dropped my slinky PM FPP because I wanted to take advantage throughout the day at other parks.

11 Likes

Crushed it! Nice work.

1 Like

Yes. They made it through Boarding Group 90 today,and the queue closed at 8 pm.

1 Like

2 Likes

Question: Do I really need to have someone watching time.gov? Or is the clock on newer iPhones adequate? I am thinking just watch my iPhone clock (which you can see when in the Disney App) when it changes to 8am, count to three and click “Find Out More”. Thoughts?

1 Like

All modern cell phones will automatically pick up their time from the cell towers, which in turn effectively keep time in sync automatically with time.gov. So, unless you manually overrode the time setting in your phone, then using your phone’s time is good enough.

So, yeah…when your phone ticks over to 8:00 am, counting to three and then proceeding should be good.

2 Likes

BTW, on an Android phone, you can split screen to show the clock app and Disney App at the same time. Like this:

I don’t know if there is a similar feature on iOS.

2 Likes

@ryan1 Since it appears that you have an Android phone, would you be able to tell me what is meant by “force closing” the MDE app. Does it involve actually logging out of the app or just clicking out of it and then closing up the tab it was in? I’ve been thrown by everyone’s use of that term and my teenager has an iphone, so she has been no help in translating for me!

In Android, if you tap the little icon on the button bar on the bottom (depending on the phone…but on mine, it is a squarish soft button) to show the list of running apps.

If one of them is the Disney MDE app, you can drag it upwards, which effectively force closes the app.

I’ll add images to this post in a moment to demonstrate.

3 Likes

Thanks @ryan1 That’s what I thought.

Six of us at the park today with various phones and at the rope drop for SWGE. Thanks to all of your advice we clicked on “find out more” at 8:00, off Disney Wi-Fi. As has been stated, my 11-year-old grandson got us BG2 on a Samsung S8. That was the first BG of the day! Lots of people around us got BG6 but some got 70 something and 90 something and 100 something. We rode MFSR and walked right on RotR. It broke down right at the end of the ride and we got a FPP for today, so went back and rode it again after it was fixed. Thanks Everyone!

6 Likes

I am seriously considering enlisting some liner help if we go in October. I tend to freeze when I panic. And the idea of trying to get a boarding group in a matter of seconds is making me panic. Not to mention I am not very good with a smartphone, other than making a phone call.

1 Like

Going to HS tomorrow to try for our BG. We have only allotted one day for this. I am nervous. Any last minute advice? Has the process changed at all in the past week?

1 Like

There actually is some new info that was shared in another thread, but I don’t want to mess you up the night before go-time!

But I will say this… if you try one method, and it does not work, immediately switch to the other method. Don’t keep trying the same method over and over. By that I mean, if you don’t see the orange Join Boarding Group button and you know it’s after 8am, use the My Status method. And vice verse.

1 Like

We did ROR this morning. My advice is follow the advice on this thread. Maybe find some screen shots from earlier in the thread and review with the family if they have not been practicing. We reviewed the procedure last night at the resort.

Our group of four carefully followed the process outlined on this thread. Everyone turned off all apps and restarted phones at 7:30 and at 7:55 only had MDE open. We had 2 on Wi-fi and 2 on cell only. I counted down starting at 7:59:50 and at 8:00 told them it was 8:00. I counted off 2 seconds and everyone hit find out more. My daughter in law (on her first trip in 10+ years) earned her place in the family when she scored BG 6.

We were not trying to rope drop. We found the best wi-fi and cell service at crossroads just inside the park.

We took an Uber at 7:00 from the Grand Floridian. I would not leave later than that. Earlier if you are trying to rope drop anything. The security and tapstyles were very busy.

Good luck. Trust the process and you’ll be fine.

6 Likes

Could you point me to the new info you’re referring to? Thanks!