Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Thanks, HTM. I always find great advice on the forum, as with chat on the app.

1 Like

Their boarding groups per hour hasn’t improved over time. It’s actually gone down a little. It would be interesting to know how often they update the ride logic and when they plan their next major release. I would imagine they know the most frequent issues being experienced by now and should be working on longer term, permanent fixes. Not just the smaller daily fixes and rebooting the system/process.

I wonder what all is breaking. The only thing I’ve seen in a video was an upside down screen.

I seem to also recall seeing a “B mode” Kylo Ren where it was a video instead of an animatronic.

Would any one here consider being my BG buddy?
I have no-one who can help back home and this Sat (22nd) will be my HS day and my only real chance of riding RotR without upsetting my other days’ arrangements.
The idea would be that I would have to trust you with my MDX login details in order that you could try to snag my BP at the same time as me, but from the comfort of your own home with a strong wi-fi/data connection.
I have been practising each day and for the most part have seemed to get in quite quickly, but I know that on the day I will be super stressed, I will be visiting from abroad so not entirely sure about my providers roaming set-up yet and it would definitely feel good to know that someone knowledgable of the whole procedure was trying for me too at the same time.
Anybody feel that they could help?

1 Like

An alternative idea that could prevent you from having to share your login details. I saw on the Lines Chat this morning that people are having success tapping in and then leaving to go to one of the neighboring resorts. If you aren’t planning on rope dropping a particular ride, you could tap in to DHS and then walk over to Boardwalk to sit in the comfort of their lobby with Wifi and do the BG process from there.

1 Like

I used my garmin watch with the seconds rolling to the top of the hour. It worked well for me.

1 Like

Having to select people from a list would add a delay to you BG reservation. Those precious seconds are valuable.

When I joined a BG as a solo, the process was so much quicker…you do not need to find the person in your friend and family list or try and click on that select all button.

An additional problem would be if you have more people in your friends and family list that are not in the park. With this scenario, you only option is to select people one by one…again eating up valuable seconds.

1 Like

I would love to help but unfortunately with the time difference, park opening is too early for me on this coast! Another option would be to bring two devices - maybe a spare WiFi only iPhone or iPod - and two hand it like an old western gunslinger.

2 Likes

I only have one other in my party and even though I have other F&F in my app the one who will be with me is top of the list so just one Easily accessible button tap, in effect the same as ‘select all’.

Oooo I might do this.

I would love to help I am heading March 15 to HS @david3 My advice is to create a temporary password for that day and then change it after the success (or failure) of BG

2 Likes

I’ve been following this thread for a month—tomorrows the day ! And Wednesday if we fail tomorrow. Where is the thread with step by step help? And when I practiced this morning for some reason only me and my son showed up in my list—even though I still have 11 people in my friends and family list. Any ideas? And any verdict on big groups? Have four adults trying for 11? Or split into two smaller groups and have two adults trying for each?

1 Like

This thread?

1 Like

Is anyone else besides me feeling like the anxiety of potentially failing at getting a BG is ruining the anticipation of their upcoming WDW trip? I am trying to keep things in perspective here and recognize that we will still have a great time even if we don’t get to experience RotR, but I am still worrying every day over this. Today, my practice run didn’t go smoothly…:grimacing:

9 Likes

I will be up on Saturday AM prior to that doing our FPPs bright and early.
Is there a way to do it without you having to share you login credentials?
If someone adds you to their friends/family can you use that to still do it at home or does the owner of the account have to be in the park to secure a BG?

YES! Same bad experience this morning, same talking myself into remembering that I have a full fun day booked that doesn’t include Rise. But I’m having stress dreams about it.

4 Likes

We are a group of 10 that will be trying to get a boarding group on Sunday Feb 23 (one week!!) Has there been other people who have had success joining a boarding group with this big of a party or should we split up our group?

I did 7 with zero issues. We got BG 15 & BG 16.

2 Likes

@meekomist do you mean they split you up or you did this two different days and those were the groups you got?