Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Why do you think the first boarding group called each day is not 1 or at least the same number every day? Seems odd to me (and also completely unimportant to wonder about :laughing:)

I’ve wondered this myself. No really firm answer, other than perhaps they start counting BGs when they start running testing at the start of the day, so if they have everything running with just a few test runs, the first BG number called would be lower. Entirely a guess, though.

2 Likes

My pet theory is that they don’t have a testing environment for the Boarding group code and they just test in production every morning, taking up as many of the initial BG as necessary for testing. Of course, that is just pure speculation (and I am a Software engineer, so I will be biased to assume it is software related)

3 Likes

Jynx

:grin: (I’m also a software engineer, so, you know, great minds think alike!)

2 Likes

Ahh…I hadn’t thought about that. Although you’d think then that if the ride opened later than the first BG would be a higher number (e.g., BG2 ride open at 8:05, BG10 ride open at 8:47) but this doesn’t seem to follow
ETA I guess number would depend on whether there were adjustments that took longer between the test runs on some days so your theory is still plausible

I would hope the ride system and the BG software system are completely separate things, so I wouldn’t expect those 2 to be related, but this is Disney IT, so you can never be sure

I tend to believe that the ride system and BG software are separate. The BG user interface does not change when the ride breaks down or the queue is closed. There is some interface to the BG software to tell it when to queue needs more people.

2 Likes

you can tell I’m not a software engineer!

Curious…what did the 7 day MA BGPH data look like prior to RotR opening at DL? Did it fall off a bit with dividing the resources between the 2 parks?

1 Like

man, the gap between BG’s and BBG’s selling out it getting closer…and closer.

1 Like

We were BG 70 yesterday. The ride actually closed before 8:03. We arrived at ride at 7:58 and was told ride broke down/closed around 7:30. Interestingly we received our text that it was time to board around 7:35.

1 Like

Watched a DFB Guide video last night where AJ detailed exactly how to get a BG, using exactly all the same tips posted here. Which means everyone knows it is a battle for the BGs. I don’t see the race for RotR BGs improving any time soon. Disney really needs to get this thing running at full capacity.

3 Likes

Can you send a link to the video? I’d like my three grandsons to watch it! I looked on YouTube and there were a bunch. Thanks!

2 Likes

Massive crowd this morning (Saturday of Presidents Day weekend). Arrived at 7:15 via Lyft, flew through bag check, shuffled through tapstiles, and took a seat outside Starring Rolls Cafe at 7:25. One of us counted down last 10 seconds to 8am using time.gov. Others tapped My Status at 8 and fastest person got us BG9.

7 Likes

BG app issues this morning on testing. One of us only saw one person to be selected for BG, while the others saw all 4 of us. And I never saw the Backup grp msg like usual. Chat reports similar issues with not even seeing BBG. I guess even it sold out by 8:01 again. Crazy crowds eh?! Congrats on the nice low BG!

1 Like

And welcome to the forum, btw

For all the experienced BG people, should we not have an ADR for our HS day? We plan to visit HS 3/13 not RD any rides but get in before opening for a BG. We have an 7:40 pm reservation in Epcot that night. Is that not a good idea? I’m guessing we will have to pay the cancellation fee if we miss our res, but certainly wouldn’t want to miss our chance to ride if there is a conflict.

1 Like

5 Likes

If you explain the situation they usually either let you arrive late or let you cancel the reservation without charge. You can talk with CM either at the ride or at the restaurant about it. Worse case scenario people have been using the “bump and dump” technique to avoid charges for a while, where you modified you reservation to a later date and then you cancel it.

4 Likes