Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

I have 11 in my group. My main focus is making sure there isn’t anyone listed in party that won’t be there. A cousins ex hubby is still on the list so she’ll have to call to get him taken off. That way all you have to do is select all. No if IT gives me that deal where someone has not tapped in and they have that will suck. Pretty much means you won’t get a bg because that requires clicking.

1 Like

So stressful that just that one extra second can mean getting one or not. Everyone on my account will be there but it is a matter of it recognizing that!

Two different days. That was with selecting the 6 to add to the BG, I did not use add all because I have others in my F&F list. I actually got a worse BG (22 …still good :joy:) when only doing it for 3 people a few days after that.

1 Like

@meekomist thank you for the info! Helps ease my mind!

is Disneyland having better luck with this ride?

Yes it is running much better at Disneyland. They are issuing much higher BGs and BBGs and getting through high numbers every day.

I’m right there with you–so anxious.

1 Like

So to be clear… We are three families going together but are all connected on my Disney experience through friends and family. I booked all our dining and FPP without issue. The best way to try to get boarding groups are for multiple people to be logged into my account from different phones and not everyone on their own account trying to get for the whole group. Correct?

Thanks @Wahoohokie. If they’re having more success at DL, you’d think they could transfer that knowledge over to WDW. Who knows?! I do know it’s leaving people anxioius pre-trip and upset if they can’t ride. I’m included in that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not sure why it is running so much better at DL, and why that can’t be translated to WDW. I know it is super frustrating for those at home trying to fit in into their trips. My best advice is follow all the tips to get a BG, and give yourselves multiple days to make it happen. Good luck!

This. But it also helps to look at it like a lottery ticket. Go in hoping to win but be prepared to carry on if you don’t.

You’re at DISNEY WORLD!!! Your glass is still 99% full! People have had oodles and oodles of fun there before RotR ever existed. Don’t get stuck on the availability of one ride.

Plan a great day without it, be well prepared to have a go at getting a BG, then count it as gravy if you get it.

11 Likes

3 Likes

Tomorrow I will be traveling down to WDW. I’ll be looking at BG process and see what FastPass+ will do to Smugglers Run wait times. My updates will be sporadic. Let me know if there is anything you want me to test.

17 Likes

Test: Joining a BG from outside DHS (after tapping in at DHS).
Also, riding MFSR in the evening via Standby when FPP is active.

4 Likes

It’s surely worth a try. When the F&F list comes up you would just uncheck yourself as you would come up on top, and just check my name as I would be the only one eligible to ride. The only question mark is will it let you make a party that doesn’t include yourself? You can do that with FPP so it should in theory work.

Agree, in theory it should work, just not sure if it the same with the BG process either
Anyone have any experience with getting a BG for someone else while you are not in the park? Can you do it from your personal MDE app or is it better to gave everyone trying with the same account/login?

I guess the other question is also will it lock you out of trying for yourself or vice versa if two people are trying for the same person on different accounts.

Just an observation… the past 2 days I have been hitting “My Status” button at the exact second that time.gov has hit 8:00:00 to be more precise. Both days, on the next screen, the “Join a Boarding Group” box was NOT blue and I had to hit the back button, at which point the “Join a Boarding Group” box next to “My Status” had turned orange. Previously, I think maybe I was not as quick to hit “My Status” at 8:00 and I had gotten the blue box right away. I am wondering if it is better to wait 2-3 seconds after 8:00:00 before hitting “My Status”? I will try again tomorrow. In any event, I was able to get to the “Not So Fast” screen today. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sort of related, testing this morning. I had the app open a minute before testing (I thought it had totally loaded, maybe it didn’t)… then I went to my iphone home screen to watch the clock. Right at 8:00 I clicked on the disney app again to start trying… and instead of it switching to the app immediately like it usually does, it spent a good 10 seconds loading the app almost as if it wasn’t open already (but a few seconds faster). It still let me snag a group. If it does that to me on “game day” though I’ll be panicking… I sure hope the DW gets the group if my app flips out.

1 Like

Steve, could you time how long through taps line and give us an estimate on if you were “middle of the RD pack” or wherever you are? Should we expect some MFSR estimates to be hitting the Lines App by Feb 22?