Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Yes, people in chat that got their back ups at 7:03 have been notified they will not get on.

Boarding groups are going very fast. Both today and yesterday I missed the instant between BG opening and BBG starting. My observation went from open to “Backup Group”. On the table I had to estimate “normal open”.

1 Like

so how many people had to be in the park at exactly 7am to burn through all of the boarding groups and back up boarding groups so quickly? wouldn’t it be about the same as other days? Are they making the size of the boarding groups smaller so they fill up faster? I feel like I am missing something with the incredible time jump here from having backups available for even a half hour to gone in a couple minutes after opening.

2 Likes

I thought I saw on another forum that the Boarding groups opened before 7:00am today. Something like a minute or two before. Not that 1 minute made any difference today.

It does not make sense to be either. Its hard for me to believe that an an entire day’s capacity for RotR is at the park before 7am.

Maybe 1/1 had smaller crowds as people were planning for a late night. Since Christmas, the rope drop crowds got to be about the same. If the crowds are the same size, then Disney is giving out less Boarding Groups or smaller Boarding Group sizes.

:sob:

thats what I am thinking that they are making the boarding groups sizes smaller.

1 Like

I think it flashed open for a second early but immediately closed.

Today was not a good day for the Resistance

1 Like

I wonder if this was issued to those who had a regular boarding group only or if it was extended to BBGs as well.

I am pretty sure it is only regular boarding groups (above 94 and under 125) that got the FPP and the one-day ticket. Part of the reason for implementing backup boarding groups was so that they would not have to issue all those FPP and one-day tickets.

That’s what I was thinking too. Thanks!

Here’s a pic at DHS Jan. 3rd @ 6:15am…

2 Likes

I wonder if this 1 day ticket can be used on the same day as regular, non park hopper ticket? In other words, would this turn the basic ticket into park hopper for a day?

Images will be delayed today.
Backup BG stated at 7:03 today and ended at 8:01.

5 Likes

Crazy!

1 Like

Boarding%20Group%20Chart%2020200104
Boarding%20Group%20Table%2020200104

5 Likes

This is very useful, but stress-inducing, information! Our HS day is only 10 days away and I really don’t want to get up at 4 a.m. to ride, but my kid will be crushed if we don’t get a BG.

Within 10 days the CL 10s should be long gone. I suspect the normal BGs will start running out closer to 8am like they were prior to the holidays. And with the way they open the gates about 30 min prior to MDE issuing the first BG, there is no real benefit to arriving super early. Just plan to be there about an hour before published park opening and be quick on the app once MDE starts issuing BGs.

5 Likes

Boarding%20Group%20Chart%2020200105
Boarding%20Group%20Table%2020200105

3 Likes