Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

My guess is at min through summer. Follow the EMM movement. As onh as they keep moving the Sun EMM to the evening, I would bet on BG system. They just changed this through August I think.

1 Like

My brother lives in Ft. Lauderdale and took his family to HS today to ride RotR for the first time. I shared all the tips and tricks and was a little disappointed that he only got BG 104! I felt like a failure! Couldn’t even help my own family. :joy:

But he got on the ride around 6pm, so all’s well that ends well. I couldn’t figure out if he did anything wrong from what he described - just bad luck and lots of people doing exactly the same thing at the same time!

2 Likes

Definitely not. Without your tips there’s a good chance he wouldn’t have gotten one at all!

2 Likes

Probably not - he has 5 kids including 2-year-old twins (they were thinking they’d only have 4 kids :joy:) They don’t tend to arrive on time to things. I was very specific about them needing to be on time. But today, all initial BGs were gone in one minute and BBGs were gone another minute after that. Crazy!

1 Like

It is crazy. It stresses me out and my trip isn’t until March.

2 Likes

I’m there on Monday and I’m super stressed about it!

1 Like

I’m there on Monday also. I feel the same

1 Like

I so appreciate all the info this board has given me. I have a solo (business) trip in March that I added 2 days prior to work to have some fun. I have been practicing from home almost every morning and it seems to be working out fine for me. What scares me is the entire time I will be there just increased to a CL 10. Have crowd levels affected receiving BGs in the morning? Right now I still have a 9am opening on the 24th if March and am totally anticipating this being changed. I will be there as early as I have to be with no bags(so excited, first time without having to bring a thousand things for kids). Any specific pointers for a solo traveler, which means it’s totally up to me, my fingers and my phone with such huge crowds predicted??

1 Like

My dates ate just getting added to hours calendar and August 16th has evening EMH. So boarding groups probably here to stay.

Sorry for the delay, just got on to check back in. I was refreshing from the My Status page on my mobile device, but when the clock flipped to 8AM and the subsequent update didn’t activate the boarding groups button from My Status, I backed up to the MDE app home screen and clicked on the Boarding Groups button directly. I was sitting on the benches near the restrooms near the ‘Walt Disney Presents’ theatre, and using mobile data, as park wi-fi was cutting in and out there.

The boarding groups screen allowed me to add myself and my son right away, and we received BG 28, which was what most of the people around us were at or near as well. It was called back at 9:30, but we didn’t ride right away and there were a few times the ride went down today. We ended up not riding until after a downtime later this afternoon. Total time from entering line to exiting ride was about an hour.

5 Likes

Wow! Any glitch or hold-up like you describe from your 1st screen is usually enough to relegate one to the BBG but to recover from that and having to click through extra screens effectively and still get 28 is a mighty win!

I was practicing at home this morning and had the same thing happen. Glad it wasn’t just me, and super glad it still worked out for you!

7am crowds look insane.no wonder it goes in a minute

20 mins later now approach the tap styles

holy cow. in queue, had no phone signal, no data abandoned queue. nearly lost my wife,

nearly cant breath. but son got BG SIX

2 Likes

Way to go! Enjoy the ride :slight_smile:

This morning I got up to practice joining a BG. It stayed grey until 7:01 and that point only back up groups were available. I did all the things, toggled, closed app few minutes prior and opened at 7:59 Florida time. Refreshed, closed app again then at 7:01 it became available to join. Ugh what did I do wrong and how do you work around glitch so at 8am you can join?

I had the same issue from home today and am wondering why it happened when it worked fine yesterday. The only thing I can think of is that my oneself was on power saving mode today when it wasn’t yesterday… any chance you had power saving on today as well?

Anyone else has ideas to what we could be doing wrong?

I keep phone at optimized battery mode. So it’s not the biggest setting but not necessarily battery saving mode either.

It doesn’t seem like the battery setting caused the problem today then. I’ll let you know if I figure it out as I keep practicing.

1 Like

We got BG 2 the other day using Pixel 3 BUT I just opened the app with 7 seconds until 8am park open. We had no luck doing the pull to refresh in “my status” 2 days prior

2 Likes