Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

I think looking at Boarding groups per Hour is the best indicator for tracking operational improvements. (Disney could change BG size and this statistic would be meaningless.)

Also how early BBG are being called is a good indicator. Again this is assuming that Disney is setting the BBG threashold based on a consistent strategy.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to bet the number of people in each BG is not consistent day by day or even BG by BG.

1 Like

Try completely shutting down and refreshing the app 5 seconds before 8:00:00. Some people do that and seem to have success.

1 Like

Same here. Practicing from home today

I will try that. Thank you.

1 Like

I feel strongly quite the opposite…I don’t think Disney would modify the BG size, based on the kind of things we’ve been seeing. I think it would complicate things dramatically.

I’m fairly certain they are keeping the BG sizes the same. If they are changing anything, it will be the cut-off point of when they switch from BG to BBG, etc. Which we can clearly see happening on a day to day basis.

2 Likes

I agree with what we are seeing it looks like BG are staying constant. For Disney with all data being available it would not be complicate for them to change BG size.

We see them adjusting the first BG and BBG threshold. Theoretically BBG threshold should just adjust based on park hours. (longer day higher threshold.) I cannot think of any logical reason why they don’t start with the same number each day.

1 Like

There is no reason to arrive an hour before open. DHS is very efficient with security & tap in. We had zero issues arriving at security 30-40 mins before park open and being in the park on time in the last two weeks. The only reason to arrive earlier is if you want to get on SDD or MFSR with a shorter wait time.

Tip: go to the far right entrance taps.

4 Likes

Speaking as someone who arrived 90 minutes early just a few days ago, this is 100 percent on point. As long as you are tapped in before park open, it doesn’t matter when you arrive.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one! I’m just under a month out but am soooo glad I started practicing early, it’ll help take the jitters out day of and give me more time to read everyone’s advice after they were successful.

Speculation on how long the current operating procedures continue? Everyone says that they expect BGs for the foreseeable future. Do you think that is through spring break season? Until the end of 2020? Until after the star wars hotel opens in 2021? Forever? Based on the crushing RD crowds, the relative unreliability of the ride, and the projected WDW crowds, what do you speculate? Obviously we don’t know, but I’m just curious. My next trip is 250+ days out so I have time to watch and wait.

1 Like

I’m going for Spring Break (first week of April) and assuming BGs will be in place at least that long.

My assumption is that it all depends on ride reliability, and it doesn’t sound like it’s significantly improved much lately.

1 Like

I agree that you should assume at least through the spring break crowds, but I wonder if Dis likes the functionality of the BGs and will keep or whether this is a temporary solution during transition to full-ride capacity capabilities.

We’ll be there then too, and I was hoping they’d move to FP / Standby then. It just makes planning so much easier. Especially since I am watching this like a hawk and think I have a good chance to get a FP. Even if I don’t I can incorporate standby into a plan.

I’m hoping they still have BG in April because I have the how too nailed :joy: I’m back again in 70 days for a week. (Sadly, the last trip I have booked for my year with an AP)

I’ve heard success stories using both methods and I’m not sure anyone has solid data on either being better. We had 4 people each logged into their own accounts for our party of 6. We got BG 22 on 1/7.

1 Like

I got BG 28 today logging in right at 8. Thanks for the work collecting all the data!

3 Likes

Could you please describe the process you used? Did you launch the app at 8 or got My Status at 8?

2 Likes

This is all great information! I’ve been practicing on MDE for a couple weeks now and I think I’ve got a good understanding on the process, so fingers crossed! Will be staying a POR in a couple of weeks and plan on driving to HS instead of taking the buses. We plan on hopefully getting on SDD after getting a BG at RD. Any idea what time the parking lots open? I was a little disappointed to see the CL go from a 5 to a 7 the day we will be there though! Was kinda hoping it would possibly drop with the threat of coronavirus

My HS day in my impending trip bumped up from 5 to 8 :confused: but I think that the morning madness will feel more like a 10 whichever day you go at the moment! Staying at POR too.