Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

How did you do on getting a BG?

4 Likes

Are there two “sides” to this ride? Basically two full tracks? Because based on the change in BGs and reported capacity, it sounds like they may have shut down half of the ride’s capacity, perhaps to address issues they have found. If this is the case, then maybe after they address the issues from both sides, it will be able to reach full capacity.

Not 2 full tracks, but 2 cars that go in different directions about halfway through the ride. So there could be something in the latter half of the ride that’s broken, that’s stopping them from running both cars at once

Is there data on what the last BBG assigned is each day? I’d be curious to look at the history of how many BBG are given versus how many of those eventually get called.

There is no go way get the last BBG assigned. You could look at Twitter post and try to find the highest Boarding Group. You could assume on days where the ride closes early, but the last BG called is high, that all BG were called. Theoretically days with longer park hours will have more BGs.

1 Like

But if you know when the last BBG was assigned, shouldn’t you know, fairly closely, then, what the highest BBG was? It would need to be the last BBG available just prior to closing off entirely, no?

I’ll admit, I’m not sure how, exactly, you are obtaining this data. I presume through on-going queries to the system…so if a query to the system showed at 8:30 that BBG 100 is available, and then at 8:31 it shows no more BBGs, then it would be fairly safe to say the last BBG is ~100.

We rode two different times and definitely saw different things the second time. I’m not sure how many different possibilities there are.

I’ve been reading about people practicing at home, so I tried it this morning to see how it works. Since we’re at home at not in the park, is it typical to get stopped at the screen that wants to confirm everyone is in the park?

Yes. You can only practice up to that point.

2 Likes

I’ve been practicing. It is apparent to me that refreshing on the “My Status” screen does not work. The “Join Boarding Group” option never illuminates without my backing out and hitting “My Status” again.

1 Like

Curious to know what kind of phone you have. Wonder if it is phone OS dependent.

1 Like

My overall observation (still only in rehearsal mode) is that you need to hit ‘my status’ at the golden moment which is as the app goes live at the turn of the clock. If you time it right you get an active next screen where you can then hit the + sign, top right (I had better response from that than the ‘join boarding group’ button) which brings up your F&F and you go from there as quick as you can. IF you have missed that sweet spot you need to immediately go back to the screen before, by which time the orange ‘join a boarding group’ will probably be active and you’ve also probably lost the 1st BG grab. It’s that tight these days!

Agreed. This is what I’m seeing.

Ryan, I’m using an iPhone Xs.

Unless you actually get a boarding group, MDE doesn’t tell you which # it is about to issue. So unless you are physically in the park and have not yet gotten a BG (or are willing to drop the one you have), you can’t know which one they are issuing at any given point in time.

1 Like

Ah. Right. Duh. Makes sense when you explain it to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We can only see what BGs are being called, not assigned. Basically anything a user can see in the app, we are capturing.

2 Likes

It’s really good to know that pulling down the “My Status” screen doesn’t actually refresh - that was my plan. Seems like toggling back and forth between the screen with the “My Status” button and the actual “My Status” screen is right approach, and ideally at just the right moment.

I went to the first 8:00 opening on Tuesday and got through security at 7:30. Everything was short except when we got to the tunnel to Bantu, there was a ton of people. (All the way up to muppets) It took 75 mins to get through Smugglers run. This was a CL 3 day. I also got my boarding group of 42 that day, and I hit the complete button 5 seconds after according to time.gov. Was nuts.

If your trying to do smugglers run with little wait, I’d suggest no later then 1 hr before. When I asked a CM, they said they started letting people line up in front of that tunnel starting at 7:15.

3 Likes

I just want to reiterate here, if your going through the motions and anyone is not selectable in the app… LEAVE them! My wife was non selectable, so I decided to take a boarding group and ran over the the guest relations (in front of Bantu, they were right side under a big blue umbrella.) took all of 2 mins to get my wife into my boarding group.

5 Likes