Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Yep that’s it. Just boot up the app just before 7am eastern and try to go through the process as far as you can go. Watch time.gov and try right on the minute at 6:59, 7:00, and 7:01 (they have opened it at each of those times in the past week or so, but 7:00 seems to be what they settled on).

1 Like

Helpful thread! We were there today. Got BG 40 at probably 07:00:20 by opening the app right at 7am. Three of us all on various iPhones. All cellular data. Two of use opened before 7, but the one who got the BG assignment opened right at 7am

4 Likes

So I don’t want to have the app open beforehand? HS day tomorrow…

I’m not complaining. No ride has infinite capacity and you’re right that waiting in line for three or four hours would be a worse waste of time. At least this way I’ll be able to do other things if I don’t get a BG.

In the end we’ll be at Disney, and if we don’t end up getting in RotR we only have 500 amazing things to do.

3 Likes

So is it better to have the app open before 7 and start accessing Star Wars BG info at 6:59/7 or is it better to start opening MDE right at 7? My plan was the first option.

1 Like

Check out this thread for step-by-step instructions. I recommend having the app open and click on “more information” but don’t press “My Status” until right at 7:00:00am.

2 Likes

I have been following this thread since the beginning and am happy to say we had boarding groups 21 and 47 on the two days that we were there last week. A big thank you to everyone for keeping us informed, but its time for me to quit looking everyday. Wife and I are coming back for Food and Wine in September, but hopefully the BGs are lasting longer than a minute or two by then.

Thanks everyone…

4 Likes

Yesterday we saw people walking up to the queue completely unaware that you needed to join a boarding group to ride the ride. :woman_facepalming: I felt bad for those cast members who have to deal with clueless and possibly angry people all day.

3 Likes

I read in the other thread that if you hit My Status and the Join Boarding Group box on the following screen is still grayed out then you can either 1) go back to the previous screen and hit My Status again or 2) pull down on the screen with the grayed out Join Boarding Group box and keep refreshing that way.

My question is, is there a definitive answer on which is faster/more reliable? I’ve been practicing at home and did the pull down method this morning and didn’t get the option to join BG until 10-20 seconds or so after my Apple Watch (which I checked is synced with time. gov) hit 7am. Which terrifies me, only getting one shot at this on Feb 2nd :grimacing:

Anyone who has gotten a low BG care to share their preferred method for success?

1 Like

Don’t know about definitive but my experience: I got BG 19 on 1/23: watched the second hand inch towards 7:00am, hit my status and Join BG still greyed out, muttered choice words under my breath while hitting the back arrow to previous page and hit my status again. Second time Join boarding group was highlighted blue and smooth sailing from there. Was by myself (so only needed 1 BG), iphone11, on LTE, sitting on the curb by the scooter rental in the front of the park. Reading these posts helped a ton and so I hope this helps others too!

4 Likes

Majorly helpful, thank you!

Wait, there’s scooter rental? Say more! Will this help us get there from Yacht Club?

But … you are still going to Disney World! … and very soon!!!

1 Like

More like 5-6 hours with frequent ride breakdowns making some waits even longer. I suspect there would be more complaints with a SB system. The real problem is this is a very high demand ride with limited capacity and issues with reliability. There is not a system to solve that problem.

Yes, that’s the idea. I figured that because there are a few different versions of best configuration of ‘moves’ offered up by guests who’ve been I’d try them out day by day. Going from home screen, going from Rise screen and seeing if ‘boarding’ appears on its own, hitting ‘my status’ and refreshing that screen…all are valid. It’s a different story however practising at home with a strong wifi connection, I’m sure the nervous morning in the park will feel very different, but at least you’ll feel as best prepared as you can.

1 Like

I told everyone we are leaving at 5:45, which means we left at 6. In the park by 6:35 am. (Staying off site)

BG 15 , that’s with having to select 6 additional people. On Wifi. Launched the app 2 seconds before 7. Had my brother counting down :joy: The excitement & cheering is fun.

4 Likes

Do you mean BG 15? BBG is “back boarding group”.

Nice work! We got BG 35 using Verizon LTE

3 Likes

Need coffee. An extra B got in there. Boarding Group 15. Just got called. Taking the 6 yr old on Alien Swirling Saucers first.

1 Like

Not that kind of scooter I don’t think!