Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

They did not tell us the ride was down. We figured it out when we arrived and the SB line went to muppets and back.

Ugh!!

Once all the BBG were distributed, 7:45, the return window changed from 60 minutes 120 minutes.

1 Like

I get to try Wed morning :neutral_face: So far what I’ve learned travelling with 7, TP doesn’t work, and it seems to be a wing it approach. I’m going with the what FP can I get next strategy :joy:

I opened my app this morning in Nashville and it let me join a back up boarding group at 7:44 eastern. I’m not sure if it was a glitch or what. Our hotel check in is today. I didn’t follow thru because we do not have a park day today, but I was able to click the join boarding group button and select my party.

You should always be able to get that far, but then on the next page it will ask if everyone in the party is in the park or not. If they aren’t, and you try to proceed, it won’t let you.

5 Likes

Yes, I’m in the exact same situation. And then I missed the whole hour change to 8 AM opening and MFSR fast pass changes a couple of days back… been a very hectic time for Feb 2020 trips!!!

1 Like

7 Likes

I can’t thank you enough for keeping this up to date. We have 2 CL-3 days at HS next week and we’re getting stoked! May the spires keep you!

2 Likes

If I’m reading this correctly, for the past six days people trying to get on Rise of the Resistance have had less than three minutes to get a normal BG. THREE MINUTES. AT BEST. Does anyone else find that crazy?

Related, I guess there’s no data about the numbers of people doing everything correctly and not being able to get a normal BG. Could we extrapolate from backup data? If backup is closing late, that means that either everyone got a normal BG or people gave up, no?

I am at 66 days. Time to start limbering up those fingers.

4 Likes

I’m with you there. Seems like everyone on the forums largely has success stories, even with BGs closing in 60 seconds on some days. Makes me think that there is a large number of people not doing proper research/prep (people who don’t spend times on sites like this) and those are the fails not being reported?

My trip is later this week, so I guess I’ll find out then.

4 Likes

Also find it mad and WORRYING that theyre is a minute window.

But ive been trainng my Family on how to get the Boarding pass so theyre will be 4 of us trying
We have 2 whole days to attempt and the morning of day we fly

So im reasonably hopeful

1 Like

ive been trainng my Family

Now all I can picture is a military-style family boot camp with lots of yelling, push-ups, phone tapping, and tears. Lol

6 Likes

Sadly Not, as theres only a small window i can actually get them access :slight_smile: and its mid day so its been Weekend training only

I mean, we represent a very, very small portion of all WDW visitors. It really shouldn’t take this much research and prep just to have even a chance at riding a ride when you’ve already paid over $100 for a ticket. There should be a standby line option for those who don’t get a BG, especially when TPTB are aware of how hard they are to get.

8 Likes

I’m definitely not suggesting WDW is implementing the perfect approach with BGs, but without knowing the inner workings and operations of the ride it’s hard to know what would be better. If they had implemented a stand by line then we would all be complaining how so many people can’t afford to wait in line for 3-4 hours and shouldn’t have to RD similar to FoP (which seems to be much simpler of a ride mechanic, i.e. much less chance of break down).

All I can say is I’m glad I’m not the one who has to manage all the madness. I’m just happy to experience the ride.

2 Likes

Yes, I hope that all this nerding-out pays dividends on my trip to Batuu in a few weeks time (eek!). Practising each day when the drop goes live and my quickest route to getting my group on, in and getting to pushing the ‘join boarding group’ is averaging at about 10-12 seconds. My main concern is that you are at the mercy of tech, and as every second counts a glitchy app could end up giving you a late number through absolutely no fault of your own and that would be heart-breaking.:grimacing::broken_heart:

1 Like

Sorry if I haven’t been following closely enough, but how do you practice? Fire up the app at 7 AM ET and go as far as you can? I guess I answered my own question.

Does practicing affect the people who are actually down there?

Guess who’s going to be busy tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Agree that sixty seconds is a crazy short amount of time to get in a BG. Haven’t been to Disney in 5 years and I’m so glad I joined this group, otherwise I would be crying when I missed ROR!

2 Likes

Yep that’s it. Just boot up the app just before 7am eastern and try to go through the process as far as you can go. Watch time.gov and try right on the minute at 6:59, 7:00, and 7:01 (they have opened it at each of those times in the past week or so, but 7:00 seems to be what they settled on).

1 Like