Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Just wanted to say thank you to @Jeff_AZ and @SteveBloom for the data, tips and advice. We were in HS at 6:45 am today, got boarding group 111 at 7:02 am.
The group was called at 6:56 pm with short return window (return by 7:54 pm). We barely made it! :slightly_smiling_face:

The ride is awesome!

7 Likes

I’m so glad you got a time and it was called! All around us we saw some really disappointed people who also obviously got up at stupid o’clock and still got shut out. I felt so bad for them. I can’t even imagine, especially since I would guess that most of those who are not in the know are first-timers, or people who may only ever have this one chance.

1 Like

I know, when BGs don’t fill for 5-10 minutes and you don’t get there in time or didn’t plan for it, it’s ok albeit disappointing. But 1-2 minutes could easily be anyone with a phone glitch, spotty cell service, whatever. Really hoping that by the time my trip rolls around, it is not quite so intense at park opening.

3 Likes

Congrats! So glad you made it on today.

1 Like

3 Likes

Yesterday: scheduled a Lyft for 6:00 am. Driver confirmed.
Today at 6:00 am: Driver 18 minutes away, not moving.
6:15: Driver still hasn’t moved toward us. We cancel the Lyft and get in the bus at Shades of Green.
6:18: The bus pulls out. Betty White is driving. We contemplate offering to drive for her.
6:19: I angrily delete my Lyft app.
6:29: We pulled into the HS bus parking lot. We see a huge line of ride shares waiting to drop off, reminiscent of school drop off. In hindsight, the bus was faster. Still angry with Lyft on principal.
6:34: Security line. Line is about 30 people deep.
6:40: Though security. Hugged the construction wall to the right towards the tapstiles.
6:45: Through tapstiles
6:50: In the mob toward Toy Story Land
7:00 Boarding Group 25! 4 phones trying.
7:03 Rope drop
7:25 Off TSM
8:43: Boarding group called while we were using our SDD FP
8:55: Decided coffee carts should have a posted wait time
9:07: Entered the queue
9:20: Very glad I’m not claustrophobic
9:26: Briefing room
9:29: Transport. Motion is very gentle.
9:41: Holding cell
9:42: Ride vehicle
9:49: Off ride
Best. Ride. Ever.
Thanks to everyone for all the data and advice!

19 Likes

So the SOG bus comes through?!?
We are staying there starting the 16th and am nervous about their transportation. Was going to drive to HS. Would you recommend driving or relying on the bus?

Can you elaborate on the ride share line waiting for drop off? Seems like every other day there is a new report of buses being faster and then the next day someone saying how easy it was using rideshare, then bus, then rideshare, etc. etc etc. Anyone else have any experience here?

This depends on time of day - when it’s not busy or a mass influx or exodus the buses can seem like they take forever because of how often they run where as a ride share when it’s not busy pulls in and out. When it’s packed coming in or out the ride share can seem longer. This has been my experience over the past couple years.

1 Like

What about driving your own car? Does that streamline over the rideshare, since you don’t have to wait to drop off? Or is there a line to come into the parking area that equalizes it out?

2 Likes

Ah, I see. That does make sense. It’s just been crazy how passionate people have been about their chosen mode of transport (“Thank goodness we took the bus and avoided rideshare” or “Wow, we would have ruined our whole vacation if we tried the unreliable bus” lol).

3 Likes

:rofl:

:rotfl2:

4 Likes

I was nervous about it, but the Shades bus came through for us. They are very prompt, so that’s in their favor. I’d take the bus again.

1 Like

I can only say what I saw. Our supposed ride was stalled out at HS for at least 15 minutes while we were waiting for it. Then we cancelled it. When we drove up in the bus, we could see a long line for drop off.

On the plus side, you don’t have to wait for your own car…but the negative is you have to add in the walking time to/from the parking lot.

2 Likes

if you overshoot your return window, you can still ride?!

Would also like this info please. Anyone experience this first-hand? Planned to be at AK until BG was called. Could be a problem if they only offer 1hr windows.

As Steve said above, yes, they have allowed people in past their windows. However, since there is no guarantee that they will continue to do this (depending on when your trip is scheduled), I would recommend talking to a cast member on the day of your visit before you leave the park (preferably one working at the RotR queue).

3 Likes

Yes. I had a cast member tell me to honor a dining reservation over my BG at RotR. I didn’t believe her so she said to take a pic of her badge. I didn’t end up going to lunch but apparently they are cool if you show up late because of obligations. The important part is to have the BG#

1 Like

Is there a preferred place to stand in HS to get a BG when you are off WIFI and on 4G or LTE? Or maybe I should ask, are there particularly bad (low-signal) places to stand?