Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

I am seriously considering enlisting some liner help if we go in October. I tend to freeze when I panic. And the idea of trying to get a boarding group in a matter of seconds is making me panic. Not to mention I am not very good with a smartphone, other than making a phone call.

1 Like

Going to HS tomorrow to try for our BG. We have only allotted one day for this. I am nervous. Any last minute advice? Has the process changed at all in the past week?

1 Like

There actually is some new info that was shared in another thread, but I don’t want to mess you up the night before go-time!

But I will say this… if you try one method, and it does not work, immediately switch to the other method. Don’t keep trying the same method over and over. By that I mean, if you don’t see the orange Join Boarding Group button and you know it’s after 8am, use the My Status method. And vice verse.

1 Like

We did ROR this morning. My advice is follow the advice on this thread. Maybe find some screen shots from earlier in the thread and review with the family if they have not been practicing. We reviewed the procedure last night at the resort.

Our group of four carefully followed the process outlined on this thread. Everyone turned off all apps and restarted phones at 7:30 and at 7:55 only had MDE open. We had 2 on Wi-fi and 2 on cell only. I counted down starting at 7:59:50 and at 8:00 told them it was 8:00. I counted off 2 seconds and everyone hit find out more. My daughter in law (on her first trip in 10+ years) earned her place in the family when she scored BG 6.

We were not trying to rope drop. We found the best wi-fi and cell service at crossroads just inside the park.

We took an Uber at 7:00 from the Grand Floridian. I would not leave later than that. Earlier if you are trying to rope drop anything. The security and tapstyles were very busy.

Good luck. Trust the process and you’ll be fine.

6 Likes

Could you point me to the new info you’re referring to? Thanks!

Sure. It was posted here:

It links off to another site where someone reported their findings using a debugger to see server calls happening during the Boarding Group joining process. Interesting findings that explain some of the problems people have seen. Also gives tips on how to avoid those problems.

2 Likes

We got BG 13 on 3/10, which was the 4th of the day. We had four people trying. Two on wi-fi with iPhone 11s and two on mobile data (TMobile) on iPhone 6s.

We got in the park at 7:30. We each powered off and then on our phones. We set up right near Jedi Training sign-ups. There were not very many people in that area at all. We did not open any apps until 7:59, at which time we opened up MDE.

The plan was to stay on the main page until 3 seconds after 8. At two seconds after 8 my DS9 said “oops I hit it too early.” Which was then followed by her saying “I got it!!” She was on cellular data and an iPhone 6 and got us BG 13. Me and my DS12 were right behind her.

6 Likes

Great! Not sure where the ‘3 second rule’ has come from but I found just counting ‘And’ in my head at the turn of 8:00 was sufficient time to have the join button orange when the page loaded. I did that twice and got BG 2 and BG3 the second time. Anyway, good result :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you all for posting your advice, experience, and the BG data. We head to DisneyWorld in a week and I finally was up at 5am PST to do a “test run”. :smiley: I got the orange button join a boarding group and was able to click through until it realized I wasn’t in the park. :sparkler::tada: I can’t wait to see today’s data and compare to my experience time-wise. Boarding groups were gone in a minute but BBG seemed to be available until after 8:30am EST (orange button still lit up even with app refresh).

I use my Apple Watch to keep track of the seconds. It’s synced with time.gov

@len reported on the Disney Dish podcast a few weeks ago that he did a test of signal strength at various areas in HS and that the crossroads area had the best signal strength/speed.

2 Likes

Just experienced RotR this AM! It was amazing! DS got BG 4 with an iPhone 7 using Verizon cellular at the crossroads. His was the oldest of our phones but he was “quickest on the sticks”. I felt so sorry for the people who were struggling. Thanks everyone in this thread who helped with advice! You are wonderful!

7 Likes

Congratulations! So glad you were successful. It’s a wonderful feeling when you get that low group assignment. Still feels great this morning after our success yesterday.

2 Likes

Yes. Thanks to everyone who have shared their success stories. And their failures. It does help me understand the process. I’m still a bit panicked about it, really. But I hope I can at least understand all the steps. I need to practice, I guess. And become more familiar with the app, and my phone.

3 Likes

I think you reposted the same chart from yesterday.

What are the odds that when DisneyWorld closes, they’ll use that time to get this ride running reliably?

*trying to see the bright side in our Spring Break trip getting cancelled

1 Like

4 Likes

Using a new att iPhone at the crossroads. Full bars. Turned off WiFi. I got BG4.

Below were the steps I followed exactly ( not that it matters much for other near term travelers as parks will be closing soon I imagine).

For an 8:00 opening:
7:30 - Get into park; get situated with what ride you want to do first
7:35-7:40ish - Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off; swipe any and all open programs closed; turn off phone so it has time to do a full shut down refresh [note/edit- you don’t have to keep the phone off a full twenty minutes, that’s just what I tend to do, I’ve had the same results with it off 5-10 minutes]
7:55 - Turn phone back on but don’t click on anything, apps or otherwise
7:57:30 - Open Disney app so it has a moment to do its initial load, but don’t click anything in the app yet
8:00:00 on the dot - Click “Find Out More” (I watch the seconds tick up on my watch with the app open on my phone in the other hand ready to click as close to that instant as possible without being before 8:00:00)

• if “join group” is available on that next screen, click it and select your party, it’s been about 50/50 for me whether it’s been available immediately
  • if “join group” is not available, immediately click “Check Status” and “Join Boarding Group” should be available on the next screen
    8:01 - Profit!! :wink:

Hope this helps!

6 Likes

fixed