Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

I think the system was glitchy today. I am just curious if they are trying to block out of state connections? I don’t think so but it is weird lately.

2 Likes

I waited – with lots of fun folks who became friends!! – 100 minutes from the time I entered the queue to when we entered the room where BB8 and Rey brief you.

In December when I rode that part took 20 minutes, which is what I have seen most reporting. That’s what I’ve been seeing as Disney’s goal queue time on various chats – its the target for how they call BGs.

I’m not complaining – I got to ride!!! And my fellow travelers were fun to get to know! And I got free water in a Black Spire outpost bottle that I’m keeping as a souvenir!

4 Likes

FYI - This morning I did not get the red box until 8:05. A few seconds later, BBG were no longer available.

3 Likes

I’m really hoping all this madness dies down before we go in late July and they have FP for it. I think registering for a BG lottery is also great idea. Maybe resort guests get two entries into the lottery for their day so there is that benefit for staying onsite.

Does anyone know if there is a video or a step by step visual guide for how the process runs on the app. We will have a pretty large party (11 people) and I need to make sure most of our adults and phone carrying teenagers know how to do this well in case the madness continues.

1 Like

Today, our last day in Florida, we got BG 47 while eating breakfast at Ale & Compass.

17 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!
See this post:
https://forum.touringplans.com/t/step-by-step-bg-instructions/68717

3 Likes

Steve, given that a lot of people are scanning into the park and then leaving and successfully getting their BG’s somewhere else, why do you think it is necessary for WDW to continue requiring ALL members of the group to scan into the park before being assigned to a BG? Why do you think they won’t allow just one member of your party to go fetch the BG? It would seriously cut down on the crowd!

My thought is it helps manage the crowd. Think how many more people would do it if they only had to send one person in

4 Likes

If you scroll up in this thread, there is also a post from a liner who did a video of their screen while doing it

If only one person needed to tap in, there would be more groups, or larger groups trying for BG.

Ticket sales would go down. Others in the group don’t need to burn a day if they don’t get a BG, or don’t need to use a park hopper.

I don’t think Disney minds the early morning craziness. Attendance is way up. The scarcity of BG makes the experience more valuable.

13 Likes

I literally just used BGs to explain scarcity to a bunch of middle school students - they get it!

8 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Boy if only one person needed to tap in for a BG, that could make for a great business model.

For the low, low price of $29.95 per person you can be one of my “Friends and Family” who are in my Boarding Group. Just send $$$ to my Paypal, etc

3 Likes

I though the exact same thing when I saw that comment! People would 100% do that.

Honestly - when I was there - I didn’t mind it. I was prepared because of this forum thread. And it is just kinda fun. But I also like black Friday too!

I honestly would prefer they kept the practice. It’s better than fast passes for this ride. We were in line and done with the ride in less than 60 min and it was so much fun.

So I know my thoughts will be unpopular. But I like the boarding groups.

7 Likes

I completely agree, BGs are the way to go right now.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s unpopular. Just controversial. Most people have been satisfied with the BG process (less waiting in line, better than showing up at 2am, etc.), but everyone has an opinion on how it could be better. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think BGs are the only solution, really, right now. But the one negative that remains (as I see it) is the crushing RD crowds…so my thought of having spreading out BG-grabbing windows from just RD time to every two hours throughout the day would be a way to try to balance things out more while sticking to the BG concept.

4 Likes

I like the idea of multiple boarding groups a day. Kind of like same day drops. Plus it can let Disney manage expectations. If the ride goes down, the don’t have to release more until they catch back up. I like that idea.

This is probably impossible to determine, but how many people don’t get at least a BBG who are in the park on time and are trying to get a BG at RD time?