Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Boy if only one person needed to tap in for a BG, that could make for a great business model.

For the low, low price of $29.95 per person you can be one of my “Friends and Family” who are in my Boarding Group. Just send $$$ to my Paypal, etc

3 Likes

I though the exact same thing when I saw that comment! People would 100% do that.

Honestly - when I was there - I didn’t mind it. I was prepared because of this forum thread. And it is just kinda fun. But I also like black Friday too!

I honestly would prefer they kept the practice. It’s better than fast passes for this ride. We were in line and done with the ride in less than 60 min and it was so much fun.

So I know my thoughts will be unpopular. But I like the boarding groups.

7 Likes

I completely agree, BGs are the way to go right now.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s unpopular. Just controversial. Most people have been satisfied with the BG process (less waiting in line, better than showing up at 2am, etc.), but everyone has an opinion on how it could be better. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think BGs are the only solution, really, right now. But the one negative that remains (as I see it) is the crushing RD crowds…so my thought of having spreading out BG-grabbing windows from just RD time to every two hours throughout the day would be a way to try to balance things out more while sticking to the BG concept.

4 Likes

I like the idea of multiple boarding groups a day. Kind of like same day drops. Plus it can let Disney manage expectations. If the ride goes down, the don’t have to release more until they catch back up. I like that idea.

This is probably impossible to determine, but how many people don’t get at least a BBG who are in the park on time and are trying to get a BG at RD time?

I agree with you and like the BGs too. I have ridden 5 times, 2x in HS and 3x in DL. I only had trouble one time (at HS, phone would just not connect even though it worked perfectly days before getting a BG), and still got a BBG that got called at 4pm. I kind of like the excitement in the morning. We even had pictures taken of our group of 8 at DL by a photopass photographer as we got our BGs. All 5 times I have done it there were tons of cheers after the eerie silence, and I did not hear people groaning, or crying, or anything else that led you to believe they didn’t get a BG. It reminds me of the excitement I experienced on opening day of Galaxy’s Edge in DL back in May.

6 Likes

Hs changed just changed hours for March

2 Likes

Please send your good luck my way!

2 Likes

I bet that it is not that bad, at least amongst people who were there at RD and knew enough. We can make a poll to figure out the success rate amongst liners.

2 Likes

i think its less the RD crowds — everyone gets in — but more the dependence on quirky technology, and the 1 minute window do-or-die.

i have no idea how to improve it. but its not fun

3 Likes

Well, they are essentially one and the same.

Due to the fact that in order go obtain a BG, you have to be there at RD, it means that all those folks who want to ride ROTR MUST be there at RD. This has driven up RD crowds moreso than usual because other RD crowds are just trying to be first in line, but ultimately people know there will be a wait. With the BGs, they have to RD, and then if they get one (or even if they don’t) they are now in the park, and must now RD something else in the park. This has made the chaotic RD crowds far worse than they used to be…so much so that Disney has now started the unprecedented pre-loading of the SDD queue in order to get people out of the pathways.

The current BG method is forcing EVERYONE to arrive at RD now (who hopes to get on ROTR), PLUS the usual RD crowds.

If they spread out the “awarding” of the BGs throughout the day, however, it would be reason a lot of people would say, “Well, I’ll try later,” and avoid the RD crowds. Ultimately, this gives all the benefits of BGs, and even gives some level of advantage to those who DO show up at RD, but encourages folks to spread out their arrival time to something more normal.

2 Likes

I know!!! I meant the stress. The stress is the one-minute-chance and IT unreliability.

3 Likes

That’s why I asked about what don’t you like in the process. The stress could probably be fixed by having a lottery which you could enter after entering the park (online or at a kiosk) and that distributed BGs at 15 minutes after opening. But that wouldn’t fix the RD crowds, and would create more uncertainty (you have less control of your destiny :yum:)

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

Ok how about this:

If you have attempted to get a BG for RotR, what was your success rate? (ie, what percentage of attempts where you were in the park and had MDE ready on time resulted in you getting at least a BBG? Exclude times you were late or didn’t have your phone open.)

• 100% of attempts
  • 75-99%
  • 50-74%
  • 25-49%
  • 1-24%
  • 0%
  • Haven’t attempted or wasn’t on time

0 voters

5 Likes

Thanks!!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

I started a thread to collect stories, but maybe a poll would do a better job. Could you add the poll to the thread I created? I am afraid it is going to get lost here.