How was your RotR attempt?

How many times did you try to get a BG for RotR? Did you get a BG or BBG? Was it called? If not, did something went wrong in the process?

I am trying to figure out how good is your chance of riding, considering you are on this forum.

I got BG 11 (first of the day) at Disneyland and was called, but I am not sure that is relevant for DHS.

• I got a BG and got to ride
  • I got a BG and didn’t get to ride
  • I got a BBG and got to ride
  • I got a BBG and didn’t get to ride
  • I didn’t get either a BG or a BBG despite trying

0 voters

2 Likes

Here is another version of the poll if you care to vote in this as well:

1 Like

We tried twice earlier this month and successfully rode both times. The first day, we were RD’ing MSFR so we arrived and were lined up inside the park just outside of SWGE with the hoards. DH and I both tried without wi-fi. He secured us BG 28. Rise had a fair amount of downtime during the morning. We were called around 12:15.

The second day we were lined up to RD ToT. I secured BG 14 and we were called back within the first 30-40 minutes of park operation.

3 Likes

I voted twice because I have gotten a BG and ridden, gotten a BBG and ridden. Also got BBG and did not ride on the original day but got recovery ticket for next day…too many options for those of us lucky enough to have gotten several attempts

2 Likes

@DisneyDayDreamin What a nice problem to have.

1 Like

Right?? DH is mega Star Wars fan and I am the uber planner so it works well lol

1 Like

I also have 3 groups of friends who went in February. Group 1 got very low BGs 2 times and rode it early, with 1 breakdown and re-ride by FP, group 2 got 106 and went at 5pm. Group 3 missed the hours change and arrived at 9am, so not sure if that counts as an attempt.

Me too, voted twice. Got BG 4x, rode all 4. Got BBG 1x, rode that day as well.

2 Likes

Can you really vote twice?
It simply switching my vote if I try to vote the second time leaving the total number of votes the same.

Oops didn’t realize it did that. Changed my answer back so reflect success with the first option (got a BG and got to ride since I did that more than the 1 time I got a BBG and got to ride).

2 Likes

Thanks for starting this and trying to find an answer to my silly little question

2 Likes

I think that it is a super important question! The process has been really stressful for a lot of people, and I believe that in part this is due to thinking that is considerably harder and more unlikely than it really is. Everyone so far got a low enough (meaning, that was eventually called) BG number, with one instance of ride reliability getting in the way.

1 Like

Maybe it did just switch the answer. I am doing this while working so not paying attention 100% :slight_smile:

This! It feels like those who haven’t gone yet and tried to get a BG are feeling this huge stress that may not be necessary. Liners are getting BGs (or at least BBGs). Liners are way ahead of the general population who don’t know all the things you can do to increase your chances (close other apps, remove people not on trip from your app, use time.gov to know exact time to try, etc). The chances of getting a BG or a BBG is way higher in reality than not getting one as long as you follow the tips and do not hesitate at all once the BGs open.

5 Likes

I agree with this. I think the bigger stress is getting a BBG and not knowing if you will get to ride due to ride breakdowns. I liked the first come first serve BG distribution of opening week for this reason. At least then, I could better control the chances of getting on early.

1 Like

But even people who got BBGs at park opening still got to ride. I don’t think it makes sense for Disney to continue to have guaranteed BGs now that the current system is in place. They are technically a good thing (free ticket + FP as guarantee) but they make it seem that it is much more difficult to get called then it actually is (a 8:01 BBG has a really high chance of being called)

2 Likes

And even if stuff goes wrong (your app crashes and you have to reopen, you phone is not precisely synced, it takes a long time for you to see the button) you still have pretty good odds of having your BBG called - if you are trying at park opening and have all the information. It doesn’t have to go perfectly well

2 Likes

I really, really hope you are right. I have tried at home multiple times and I have failed. I am not confident in my abilities anymore.

1 Like

If you buy me a plane ticket and a park ticket for the day I will join you and get you the BG! :laughing:

7 Likes