RIP Josh Humphrey from EasyWDW

I’ve been so sad about this news since I heard. I loved his blog so much, he was a great writer and had so many amazing photos. I think we could also relate to his love of Disney but with a little bit of sarcasm thrown in.

6 Likes

Next Saturday, Derek Burgan’s Saturday Six blog on TP will feature a tribute to Josh (per today’s blog by Derek).

10 Likes

Just heard this news from my ex wife. I met him a handful of times but in particular I remember seeing him at France during Food & Wine and we got to hang out with him for a while trying out different dishes. He was a very down to Earth guy. By far my favorite Disney blogger and had the same sarcastic love and hate relationship with Disney many of us have. The Disneysphere lost a good one. :disappointed:

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing,

2 Likes

So sad! I always enjoyed his style and frequented his site for more than nine years. Also read his book too. Definitely a huge loss to the community!

2 Likes

As promised, today’s Saturday Six blog (long, insightful):

16 Likes

Thanks for posting, I’d forgotten to look for it.

Once again my heart is breaking after reading it. What has struck me the most in all the tweets and posts on his website and forum is how many ordinary fans Josh took the time to meet. People messaged him when they were visiting and met him in the park - for a drink, a meal or just a selfie. His generosity in his friendships and towards his fans is very telling as to his character.

Thanks to Derek for writing this and getting so many to contribute.

PS: Nice words from you @mikejs78! :wink:

16 Likes

You too? :wink:

9 Likes

Well now that the joke was explained to me it would be a shame to waste it! :grin:

7 Likes

That is really an amazing Saturday Six. I am working my way through the links I didn’t know.

5 Likes

Last week I was sitting at my computer doing something tedious and quickly losing focus. When for some unknown reason, I started playing around with my bookmark bar at the top of the page.

I literally almost never use the edges of it. Only 2 pages in the middle. Everything else usually glimmers off into non existence.

But for some reason, for the first time EVER, I started messing around with the bar and arranging pages in order of use, when I see on the far right of the bar EasyWDW. In the back of my mind, I have a vague memory of bookmarking a link from a trip report here where someone meticulously printed out a map of snack stops. It was actually one of my favorite things from this forum, the idea of a snack map someone had made.

I was both impressed and in awe, and like most really cool things in my life I put it on the side and focused 100% of my attention on trivial, meaningless worry points that cause undue stress and anxiety.

In my post above I said I didn’t know the blogger, Josh. And that statement is still true. But what I didn’t know is as I was typing that, his bookmarked webpage was staring me right in the face. Literally at eye level.

He touched my life, and I had no idea. Reading through this Saturday 6 tribute and I really do realize the loss is mine. He looks like he was someone I would have loved keeping up with, and I don’t follow bloggers at all. Pretty much ever. But I am genuinely interested in what he had to say, and I’m sad I’ll never experience it in real time.

You are heard Josh Africa, you are loved, and you are missed.

11 Likes

I had only recently discovered Josh’s blog and twitter presence and was starting to read his stuff. Reading the Saturday Six today gave me a greater sense of sadness for the community that lost him.

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words everyone. In the world of the world of theme park blogging, Josh is first ballot HOF.

15 Likes

Bumping this thread.

Huw Bowers from the retroWDW podcast has set up a tribute tee shirt page for Josh. All profits go to the Cast Member Pantry, which is the charity chosen by Josh’s family. That works out at at least $10 per tee.

It’s only available until the end of April.

https://twitter.com/GoAwayGreen/status/1507783356414578690?s=20&t=bOvPs-3iXtxpHPEpwaeZfg

9 Likes

Bumping this thread again with news.

As of sometime this week, both the EasyWDW site and forum became unavailable.

Micah, who runs the MousePerks site is trying to establish what has happened, as this has happened earlier than he was expecting.

Link to his page where he’ll post updates:

http://www.mouseperks.com/easywdw.html

Edit: by way of explanation, Michal was a moderator on the forum and has been n touch with Josh’s family about the future of the site and forum.

4 Likes

Thank you for posting this. It is so funny I was just thinking about Josh this morning as I was taking pictures with my iPhone. I was thinking about how if Josh was taking the pictures people could actually see what I was seeing at that moment.

5 Likes

I find it sad to think that all of Josh’s writing (and tilted photos) could be lost.

There is a way to see the site as it was on a specific day, but of course someone explained it on the EasyWDW forum and I don’t remember. I’m sure a Google search will find it though.

4 Likes

You can find old websites on what’s called the “way back when machine,” or internet archive.

6 Likes

What I wouldn’t give for a write up from Josh about the Italy booth this year. They changed the whole menu! He would have had so much to say. Miss his writing so much.

7 Likes

I actually cried when I got this email from Touring Plans. Thank you so much! I have been refreshing the Josh’s site multiple times a day hoping it comes back. Although I don’t post a lot I would read the forums everyday taking in everyone’s advice, experiences, and overall feeling feeling of “family” in our shared love for Josh. You have no idea what this means to me. Thank you again!!!

4 Likes