Rider Switch newbie

Ok, I see now.

Your plan with LL will work.

For your non-LL plan:

Rider Swap is designed for only one person to be watching the little one(s). You only get 2 RS passes - ONE for the adult taking the first watch and ONE for a repeat rider. It is presumed that everyone else will sit out the second ride. If you want two people to stay with the twins, then no one can repeat, even if you are combining with LL.

Now, there are ways to cheat this (for example, if you have LL reservations for everyone, you could give Liz and Anna the RS passes, even though neither of them is watching the kids, and then Mimi & Pop Pop are just riding with their LL passes, not RS passes), but not the way it is intended or designed.

ETA: The reason your Non-LL plan won’t work is because MDE limits a party to only have two people with a RS pass for a particular attraction at a time. So the only way it could work is if you split your party in two IN MDE. Meaning that your plans aren’t linked. Which would be super annoying and prohibitive.

So basically, even if we approach the CMs as two separate groups MDE won’t let it happen. That makes sense - and I agree, too annoying to set up. Will stick with one group throughout (easier to configure anyway).

ETA: So basically the way I group people won’t really change regardless of LL - it’s just whether or not people are waiting in the actual line or the LL line?

1 Like

That’s right. Unless you want to use this hack:

That’s the only way I can think of to get repeat riders if you have two people waiting with the twins.

1 Like

Had to re-read that, but I think that makes sense . . . does the person who gets the RS passes end up w/ both a lightning lane and a RS pass? so essentially two passes?

We also have a few places that Pop Pop won’t ride (he doesn’t like heights and he’s 6’6" so ride vehicles can be a bit tight) so that will give us a band to use too.

1 Like

Yes that would be correct.

1 Like

Forever grateful (seriously love my nieces and nephews - but phew bless all of you who regularly plan for little ones)

1 Like

So that person can ride with the RS, then again with LL?

1 Like

To me, the point of having all the group have matching LL/ILL passes, is so they all have the same “shorter” waiting time before group two rides. Otherwise, if group 2 did not have a pass, then to me they should have to wait the approximate standby line time plus ride time. Comments?

1 Like

Only one person officially. The second person only if the person waiting with the non-riding children uses their LL pass to return and isn’t assigned a RS pass.

In my example everyone who rides has a LL reservation. Two people also get a RS pass.

1 Like

True, but I’m just describing how the logic appears in my mind, in terms of why the person waiting with the non-riders needs to have the same LL/ILL pass as the rest of the group (i.e. so their time waiting in line matches with what they were originally, before RS, qualified for).

1 Like

Ok gotcha. Makes sense.

1 Like

Alright RS Guru… I’ve had to reread this thread bc our plans may change slightly.
It may only be DH, DD, myself and DGS (2 yrs old) as opposed to 4 adults as before.

The plan it to try to get LLs and ILLs during nap time (2-3 only). None of us will want to ride solo. Do these scenarios look like they will work?

Ex. 1- Buy ILL for RotR. DH and I ride with ILL, DD stays with baby and gets RS, her plus one will be DH, so he gets one too. DH and I ride then DD (with ILL/RS) and DH (with RS) rides while I stay with 2 yr old.

Ex. 2- Buy ILL for FoP. Get LL for EE. DD and I ride (with ILL) FoP while DH is with baby. DH gets RS and DD gets the RS+1. DH still has ILL for FoP. Then DD and DH ride EE with LL, I stay with baby and get RS for myself with DH as RS+1. (Also, will this make his RS for FoP fall off and if so, I assume for rest of this scenario, is it ok bc he still hasn’t used his ILL? ) DD uses DHs band for EE RS and I ride with my RS/LL while DH is with baby (he is not going to want to ride EE more than once). Then, later, DH and DD ride FoP with ILL and RS. (Do I need to make DHs initial ILL for FoP later or will they let him in even hours after it expires?)

Do you think this will work? Anyone have any thoughts to add?

Just to be clear, are you buying the ILL for everyone who is riding? If so, what you wrote for Ex 1 will work and is how the program is intended to work.

Ex. 2 is more tricky:

In order to get the RS pass, they first scan his ILL. He can’t get the RS pass without an ILL (unless he pretends like your party is waiting standby, which is kinda shady).

If you use your RS for FoP before you head to EE, you’re good to go. If you are holding your RS pass for FoP until later, you have to make sure that a different set of people have the RS pass for each attraction. So, for example, DH and DD for FoP, you solo for EE. Unfortunately no one can have two RS passes at the same time.

Yes, I wouldn’t want to get a long return time to save a few dollars. (Take my money right!)

This is what I was afraid of, that they use the ILL to give out the RS

No, don’t want to do that

Think Navi will help to put DGS to sleep then was trying to get two RS rides done at nap time, have dinner once little one wakes then hop back over to Avatar land at night. Will have to revise, don’t want to have any issues.
Thanks! I wasn’t sure if the LL/ ILL’s could help in a situation where an RS might drop off because of getting the second one but it sounds like they actually use the LL/ ILL and give you an RS in it’s place.

1 Like

Sorry! That would only work if you had four adults or were ok having someone go single rider. The issue is having one person who has to get RS for two rides at the same time.

1 Like

We still might but doubtful. If we did, we would each just ride once and would only need RS for rides we did not get an ILL/ LL for. It’s a kid centric trip so not trying to make the baby wait around for us giants to do stuff he can’t do. But I still have 4 must do’s in the 6 days that he can’t do, lol. So I thought nap time was perfect.

1 Like

Cant remember if I’ve said it on this thread or not…you dont need to buy ILL if you’re going to use RS. Just simply say to the CM that you are using the standby line. The return time is immediate on the RS whether you have a LL/ILL or not. However, as stated above it is “shady” but I am telling you how the system works.

Also, EE is a ILL not LL and is down until April (not sure when your trip is).

Highlights to RS:

1. Each person is allowed 1 RS on their account at a time.
  2. If you have a person on your account get a RS for a ride, and a few minutes later another member of your party gets a RS for the same ride the first RS will be let go.
  3. You can have multiple RS on your account at 1 time. Since you have 4 adults, 2 adults could have 1 ride, and the other 2 could have another ride. I use this a lot when walking by a ride that I may want later. Just go up with the kiddo and get the RS.

Another note: FOP takes a LONG time. Plan for 35-45 minutes even with ILL.

Edit: Read again that it will be you 3 and not 4 adults. With this, you could make it so your DD never waits in any line if you wanted. Just alternate RS with your DW. Are you getting a ticket for your 2 year old? If so, you could really use the system. That will be up to you on how much you want to push it.

1 Like

Oh yeah this is a good clarification. It was LL only during the Christmas holidays. There is some speculation that it could join the LL line-up permanently when it returns, or just be part of LL during busier times.

1 Like

Right ILL now, lol, it will be after April, well after April.

1 Like