Rider Swap at Park Close

Has anyone tried to do Rider Swap around park close? What happens if the first party is still in line when the park closes? Will they let the second party through? Is the second party allowed to loiter while the park is being cleared?

I’m considering specifically doing this for FoP, but any experience doing this would be welcome to hear about.

1 Like

I’ve heard this is possible in that I was talking to another dad while at HS in January and he said they did just this for FoP. I hope to do this next month myself so if anything I can report back. We plan to close AK twice and foing FoP then will allow us to see Pandora after dark too.

2 Likes

We were expressly denied this at 7DMT in 2019. Not super recent but since there wasn’t enough time left for the “wait” portion we were told that the second party couldn’t ride. I didn’t really push it but maybe you would get someone that would give you a LL for the next day or something?

2 Likes

This was the main reason I wanted to do it. We may have to do NRJ instead but that probably won’t have a long enough line to get us to sunset.

Our one & only experience is with PPF at DLR. I got in line with one awake kid & DH stayed out with one sleeping kid. That line is designed so that the CM manning the exit is one you pass in the line & I asked them if it was at all possible & she directed me to have hubby & awake kid come back up the exit & no problem they had them swap on a boat. But I’m absolutely positive it’s up to CM discretion at the ride. I would definitely at the very least ask. Worst they can say is no.

1 Like

SDD let us do it at park close with no issue before. However, the CM manning the bridge over to SDD didn’t want to let the swappers cross due to being close to park closing. We had made bathroom run and had gotten split up a little for the swap. But the CMs at SDD had no issues with the swap at close.

2 Likes

When is you’re trip? If all goes as planned ill be closing down AK on June 18 and will find this out.

1 Like

I’ll be there for two weeks starting Memorial Day! So I will find out before you. I will ask a CM before we try it though.

Thanks everyone for your responses! It seems like the only definitive no was in 2019?

In February I went up to them prior when I saw I wasn’t going to be able to enter the GotG line prior to park close and they said they allow us in. I hung out at the entrance just to be sure but they let me in and even let both my daughter’s come with me rather than just the one when I asked. I’d definitely make sure the CM’s know what’s going on prior rather than just walking up after close.

3 Likes

Found the answer!

1 Like

Paging @RDryan since you wanted to know the above info for your upcoming trip.

1 Like

Alright its 6:40 pm and we’re finishing up at Satuli Canteen. Going to set up rider swap at FOP and see how this goes. Rainstorms have been coming through so not sure how that will affect the wait times, wish us luck! Sivago!

1 Like

Woot woot! Have fun!

1 Like

Will do! Group one went in at 650, DS2 and I went on Na’vi River at 655 took about 20 min. Waiting for my flight now!

2 Likes

745 and DD 9 and i are the last ones! Still doing the preshow for some reason.

4 Likes

7pm is so early to close the park …