Revised Bag Checks

We’ll ask you to wear a mask more for your sake than others’ .

We don’t want you to feel singled out.

Also I’m not really following any more of the threads that are speculating. My head hurts. But I will come when called

3 Likes

I take that as a compliment you’re not suggesting I cover my face for the benefit of others :grin:

1 Like

teh facelessness is very intriguing
people would stare

2 Likes

Uh, I may know someone who decades ago almost entered the Navy Yard with a forgotten stun gun in their bag. :blush::flushed:

3 Likes

Was that frowned upon back then? :wink:

1 Like

Frowned upon? Maybe. :grinning: Perhaps growing up in the neighborhood I did made me way more cautious than most people? I’m still astounded by the stupidity/naiveté of people. I had roommates in college that drove me up the wall with their blase attitude about even locking the front door.

An issue at security if found, most definitely. And this was before 9/11.

Growing up, the only time we ever had our doors locked was when we were on vacation. This was even during the rise of stranger danger.

Times have certainly changed.

Our back doors are still only locked when we’re on vacation. Front door at night. Most nights. Hopefully those cameras all around the house that my husband never got around to actually connecting to anything are a deterrent though!!

I had some family that lived in backwater midwest. Not only did they not lock their doors, but they also would leave the keys in the ignition in their cars.

Meanwhile, I always lock my car doors at the gas station also. I even had a man comment on it at a gas station once. He said he was constantly trying to get his wife to lock her car doors when she went for gas.

I would say that my mother was very cautious, overprotective. But when I was a kid, she worked for several years doing home visits for a social services organization (she’s a nurse). She saw things no person should, much less children experience.

1 Like

That’s crazy! My parents would leave them in the proper spot…between the sunvisor and the headliner. C’mon…the ignition is way toooo obvious. But that way your buddies can easily find them if they need to move your car if it’s blocking them in at the local bar.

1 Like

Growing up I lived a few miles from a prison in the heart of the midwest, my dad was a teacher and my mom was a business manager there. We left our keys in the ignition, for the sole purpose that if there ever was a break out it allowed escapees to just take the vehicle and leave the house alone. I only remember 2-3 escapes happening in the last 40 years, and 1 farmers feed truck being taken. They were captured a short distance away traveling south but told the officers they just knew they were headed to the Canadian border because they were following the North Star. :laughing:

3 Likes